Rushing For A Sorority Allows You To Meet New People

I've Decided To Rush, Because Meeting New People Is What College Is All About

There's nothing to lose.

57

I was very and I mean very adamant about not rushing for a sorority probably up until this spring. I didn't want to do it because of the cost and other various reasons. I think I was a little hesitant too that I wouldn't make it because of my disability or that I wouldn't fit in right.

But then something clicked. My mom had asked me if I wanted to at least try to this fall and was telling me how it can bring me friendships I have never had before and it could bring me connections which is always a good thing.

I had thought about it for a couple of weeks after my mom had talked to me and I had decided that I was going to. I think what really pushed me to do it was the fact that in high school I never really had a good group of girlfriends and by rushing no matter what happens I will come out with a good group of friends or even sisters. And that would mean the world to me. I also want to build connections. I also realized that I know a couple of people with disabilities that have gone through the process and ended up getting into a sorority so that made me feel a little better. I think either way if I get in a sorority or not I will always have that experience, my first college experience to remember. I also just wanted to have support, friends I can count on people that make this large school seem not so large.

I also In the summer, visited my friend at Mizzou and she went and showed me Greek town and her sorority house, let's just say all the houses are beautiful and It makes me even more excited to try and be a part of it.

I think if you are even thinking about it, go for it you have nothing to loose. I am not the most outgoing person in the world and I think even having this experience is going to change my perspective on things and college is for trying new things so if it's going out of your comfort zone to make new friends do it. Worst case, you don't get in, so what! You try in the spring or if not, at least you made some friends along the way and it makes college less intimidating. College is all about trying new things, so put yourself out there and you will strive!