RuPaul's Drag Race Is the Best Show on Television. Period.

Now sissy that TV.

48
Deadline.com

Television has changed tremendously in the past thirty to forty years. TV used to be all family sitcom, family-friendly programming that would get families to sit around at 8 o'clock to watch whatever program there was. In the 21st century, the television industry has done a complete 360. Yes, there are still the family sitcoms everyone loves that one would found on ABC, boundary-pushing television programming has become popular. The industry is not about the cheeky lives of the suburban family anymore, but bloodthirsty murderers, mythological creatures, crime shows, and even quicker family sitcoms.

One reality show that I discovered a while back I believe is one of the best shows that has graced the silver screen. RuPaul's Drag Race is a reality competition show that features drag queen, supermodel of the world, RuPaul. If you do not know who RuPaul, I will educate you with this video:

RuPaul is a goddess and decided in 2009 that should be spread her fame to other prospecting drag queens around the United States. So she made a reality show where a number of drag queens compete to become America's Next Drag Superstar. This show, which is now on its eighth season, has made a beautiful impact on those who have watched. This show now has a cult following I am proud to say that I am one of them. There are the reasons that I believe that RuPaul's Drag Race is the best show on television, hunty.

1. These queens are talented.

Many people do not realize that drag queens have a lot on their plate. They have to constantly take care of their bodies, save money to buy those new gowns, and look good as best as possible. Put on top of it that these queens are competing to be the new face of drag. And nothing beats the $100,000 up for grabs.

Nevertheless, the queens that have stepped into the workroom are some of the most creative humans I have ever seen. Creating looks that would shock and awe any person that sees them, these queens serve it every time they step into any challenge or runway. Watching these queens grow and prosper through the competition with tons of looks is so exhilarating to watch.

2. The show is hilarious.

This show I always find myself laughing so hard to. Whether it be something that a queen said, a malfunction in a challenge, one of RuPaul's ever so funny quips, or the infamous Snatch Game, this show always put a smile on my face. The show is chock full of comedy that anyone would laugh along to. Whether you should get those nuts away from my face, looking orange, or wonder how's your head?, RuPaul has tons of moments that will make any fan gag.

3. Education is Fundamental

Though RuPaul's Drag Race is a reality show, it is very educational. For all of those who have never even heard of drag queens or gay people in general, this is show is like taking a lesson straight out of a gay textbook. This show portrays the best and the worst of gay people in a stressful environment. People think of minorities as a certain stereotype and gay people are included in that. Watching the show, we really get to the see the inside of these queens in their backstories. Many times they are sad stories of coming out, families accepting or not accepting them being gay and their drag lifestyles, RuPaul's Drag Race shows off a different perspective that TV audiences rarely get to see.

4. The fashion is sickening.

Like the first reason, these queens have to get creative from challenge to challenge. They have to come out with outfits every episode that will stand out, show off that queen's personality, and display a good sense of fashion. Whether it is cinching a waist to two centimeters, wearing a globe on their head, bleeding on stage, or coming out in literally nothing, these queens' looks are spectacular and make me death drop to the floor.

5. The shade is REAL.

Like any other reality show, there is drama oozing from the seams. Most of the time the drama is funny to see various rivalries, but sometimes a TV watcher can tell that the drama is beyond the show. One queen could have thrown shade another queen for something she wore or what she did in the challenge. Sometimes it literally is because various personalities do not mesh well together. But is life like that? RuPaul's Drag Race is like any other reality show where people will come for the drama, but they will stay for the wigs and glamour.

6. Gentlemen, start your engines, and may the best catchphrase win!

One way that the queens are able to stand out from all of the rest is by the catchphrases they say. The show is famous for so many different sayings that the queens have said. RuPaul herself is the queen of all catchphrases. Every time she says "If you can't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else, can I get an Amen up in here?" I want to burst into tears every time. These little quips turn into regular speak. Trust me.

7. Shantay, it stays.

This show overall just warms my heart every time I watch it. Whenever I feel like life gets too stressful, I always will go to RuPaul's Drag Race to distract my mind with such great entertainment. I believe that RuPaul's Drag Race is one of the best shows on television. Every time I turn on the TV, I feel like RuPaul and these queens have entered into my room and week by week, they become my family that I care and cherish. Thank you, RuPaul.

Watch RuPaul's Drag Race every Monday at 9/8c on Logo TV. If you do not get that apart of your cable programming, go to http://www.logotv.com/.