The Right Way To Take A Dick Pic

Guys, There IS A Right Way To Take A Dick Pic And If You're Not Doing This, You're Very Very Wrong

There should only be one thing hard about it *wink wink.*

67

Jumping back into the dating scene as a newly single woman, I'm talking to more men than usual, and in turn seeing more penises. Let's get one thing straight right out of the gate: the only acceptable time for me, or anyone else, to see a penis is when we consent to it. Meaning: unsolicited dick pics are never OK.

I recently matched with a guy on Tinder, and we started snapping that night — really hitting it off. The next day, it continued until I got a random and unwanted nude photo. I opened the snap sitting right next to my grandmother, for Christ's sake. (I quickly called him out for the unacceptable behavior, and he unfriended me).

So, men, we need to talk about what is an acceptable form of dick pic because they do exist: if you follow a few simple rules.

First Things First

Make sure you have permission before sending a nude photo of yourself to anyone. Cyber consent is important, just as in-person or physical consent is. Even if it is someone who you have sent pictures to before, make sure they are still comfortable with it before doing it again. Or if you are in a relationship talk about the boundaries you feel comfortable with in regards to sending nude photos.

Next Matter of Business

Not all pictures of your business are equal. If your motivation behind sending a dick pic is to sexually gratify the recipient you need to avoid what I call "the disembodied dick." I think it is universally accepted that penises are… weird looking. Looking at a penis itself is not necessarily pleasing. Including more of your body in the frame of the photo will up your dick pic game so to speak. I'm not saying you need to show your face, but it often does make the photo better when you do.

Last Thing

Keep in mind what else is in the photo… other than your dick. If you are taking a POV dick pic, be aware of the surroundings... are your feet in the picture? Is your bed with dirty sheets visible? What you are doing with your hands? Etc. Believe me, if a girl is going to spend more than a brief second looking at your nude, these are things she will notice. Similar to a mirror selfie. If you are in the bathroom be mindful of what items are noticeable in the reflection and on the counter (as well as the cleanliness of the mirror).

Remember: first, get permission, show more of yourself than just your dick, and lastly be aware of the environment surrounding you. I promise that if you follow these rules that results will be more pleasant for you and your dick pic recipient.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.