Don't Ride In The Left Lane On The Interstate, And 10 Other Traffic Rules You SHOULD Know And Follow

Don't clog up traffic...especially if you're going less than the speed limit...

38
https://www.instagram.com/p/B56IcmFBM6N/
@annann.travels/Instagram

I've only been driving for about 7 years so obviously I don't know everything, but I sure do seem to know a little more than some of these crazies that are out here driving these days. I swear, everywhere you go, there's someone who isn't following some sort of rule (or something that isn't technically a rule, but it's understood to be). It's pretty frustrating because we all had to pass a test to get our licenses so did you just forget everything from that? Either way, I've compiled a list of everything you need to know, since some of y'all don't know driving etiquette anymore.

1. Do NOT ride in the left lane on the interstate

The left lane is a passing lane. If you're going less than or exactly the speed limit, DO NOT ride in the left lane. Get in the right lane and only merge over when you're passing another car.

2. USE YOUR BLINKER

They are there for a reason. If you're turning, use your blinker so people will know you're turning. Literally just push the little lever up or down. It'll go off on it's own once you turn. Just use it.

3. You don't have to sit in a roundabout until it is completely clear before you can go

They have yield signs, not stop signs. Just because a car on the OPPOSITE side is pulling out, doesn't mean you have to wait for them.

4. You can turn right at a red light

Yes, there are times where it's not allowed, but there will be a special sign telling you you can't turn right on red. Otherwise, if there's absolutely no oncoming traffic, you can turn right at a red light.

5. You do have to wait your turn at a 4-way stop

You can't just roll through because you don't want to wait. There is a way to go through stop signs. The first person there gets to go first.

6. Texting and driving IS illegal and very serious

PUT YOUR PHONES DOWN! Distracted driving is so dangerous for you and everyone around you.

7. Yield does not mean you have to come to a complete stop

It means you yield to oncoming traffic. If nothing is coming, you do not have to come to a complete stop.

8. Do NOT stop in the middle of the road

If you're lost, pull over and figure out where you're going there. Do not just stop and sit in the middle of the road for no reason. It's annoying and very unsafe.

9. If a school bus is letting kids off, STOP

They have stop signs and flashing lights on them for a reason. They are letting kids off, and people refusing to stop is how children lives are endangered.

10. You're allowed to go the speed limit around a cop

If the speed limit is 45, a cop is not going to pull you over for going 45. You don't have to slow down to 35 just to pass by them.

11. GO THE SPEED LIMIT

If you're going to drive 20 miles under the speed limit, you're just as dangerous as someone who is going 20 over the speed limit.