Rubi Whipple: Fun New Witchy Webcomic

Rubi Whipple: Fun New Witchy Webcomic

Meet the cursed witch that removes curses.

64
Rubi Whipple: Fun New Witchy Webcomic
Starline Hodge

As a fan of comics and urban fantasy, I was glad to find a wonderful new comic called Rubi Whipple. This charming comic is about titular character Rubi Whipple, a purple-haired witch who lives in California. She gets hired to deal with magical problems, such as helping someone out with a curse. Rubi humorously helps out others while dealing with her own mysterious problems. Rubi has her own personal experiences with curses as she herself has an unfortunate curse on her soul. Luckily, she can find support in her blue-haired friend Marie, a fellow witch with whom she owns a witchy store called SPELL.A.

Rubi Whipple is a webcomic that can be read here for free. It is updated every Tuesday and Thursday. So far there aren’t too many chapters, but what is available to read looks like the start to a great story, with a compelling mystery unfolding while fun pop culture references pop up in the background. While Rubi Whipple is a webcomic, the first chapter is available as a physical copy that you can buy here.

This comic is written by Spenser Starke, but created and drawn by Starline Hodge. Some may know Hodge from her time working for the YouTube channel SourceFed, before it was shut down. SourceFed fans that remember the cartoon cardboard cutouts of the SourceFed hosts will recognize Hodge’s beautiful and unique style of art. Hodge sells some prints of her art here.

If you finish reading the available Rubi Whipple pages and can’t wait for the next page, you can go over to Hodge’s Tumblr. Here she posts references she uses, such as a Sims 4 version of Rubi’s store and apartment. Sometimes she posts Rubi Whipple sketches and may answer questions you might have about the comic.

So far, I quite enjoy Rubi Whipple. The art style is great and it’s a fun story. I can’t wait for the next page to be posted!