Roommates: From Randoms To Part Of The Fam

We might not have it all together, but together we have it all.

3
roomsurf

As I finish up my last month of my freshman year of college, I can not emphasize enough how much my suitemates in my freshman dorm have become my family. It's so easy to just blow off roommates and find other friends but knowing I have them makes college a thousand times better. I have those nights where I sit in bed late at night wondering how I got so lucky to get put in a suite with such amazing girls who are now some of my closest and bestest friends.

It's crazy to think how much we've been through together in the past 9 months and that in within only a few short weeks, the experiences we've had will only be memories to cherish. Through the ups and the downs, those four girls have been the air I breathe and the life I live. I am so thankful to have them and I know years down the road, we will still be best of friends and most likely will be at each others' weddings doing who knows what sort of things.

Some people have no idea how much they can have an impact on someone, but I hope they know that my life has been changed for the better because of them. From the nights out that we've stumbled through together or the days where we've spent hours on end studying for exams, we've been through it all. It truly is special to find those people in life and I can honestly say they are family to me. From planned summer visits to holidays spent together, memories will continue to be made and cherished through the years.

Like I like to put it, we may not have it all together, but together we have it all.