Romance Novels Worth The Read

Romance Novels Worth The Read

For all you ladies that like a good romance novel, this one's for you.

19
Romance Novels Worth The Read
Skylyn Simpson

1. Twenty Boy Summer- Sarah Ockler

I have seriously read this book so many times I have lost count. The first time I read it I believe I was a freshman in high school and ever since it has been one of my favorites! The book is about two besties that are polar opposites going on a summer vacation with a little bet on the table: meet a guy for every day they are there in hopes of a possible summer fling. It has a great back story but I won’t spoil anything, just read it!

2. The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy- Jenny Han

The first book “The Summer I Turned Pretty,” was the single book that led to one of my all-time favorite book series. This book is the beginning of a long love story about a girl that goes by Belly. Belly’s mother, brother, and her meet up with her mother’s lifelong friend and her two sons every summer at a beach house. Summer beach house. Two sons. What more could the girl ask for? The series goes on to tell the story of Belly and her love life, which is full of surprises and plot twists. If you’re looking for romance with a twist this is your trilogy. The next two books are: “It’s Not Summer Without You” and “We’ll Always Have Summer.”

3. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before- Jenny Han

When I found our Jenny Han had written another book I was ecstatic since I loved her previous series. This book is about a girl, Lara Jean, who writes love notes to guys that she liked but she never sends them. Somehow, the letters get out and all the guys she had wrote about know she has crushed on them. It’s completely hilarious and full of happy endings. Lucky for you there is a sequel that you don’t have to wait for. I waited a year for it and seriously once you read the ending of the first one you’ll know why it totally sucked.

4. P.S. I Still Love You- Jenny Han

The sequel to “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before,” which follows Lara Jean’s pursuit at love. It continues to tell the story of her life after the letters got out and who she ends up with. This book could have ended the series BUT while writing this article I got to wondering if the author had officially stated there would be a third one. To my surprise, book number three, “Always and Forever Lara Jean,” comes in Spring 2017, so if you’re looking for something that is still in the making this is a go to romance series.

5. Saint Anything- Sarah Dessen

I read this book last summer and was so in love with it. The book is about a girl named Sydney who is going through a lot with her family and therefore everything in her life is turned upside down. She transfers school, becomes very close to another family that runs a restaurant nearby, and finds someone that strikes her interest in a love life. But is he forbidden fruit? Find out for yourself! I recommend anything written by Sarah Dessen, she is a total romance guru!