Road Trips And Best Friends

Road Trips and Best Friends. It's a great combination. You get to see things you normally wouldn't with someone you love and you get to bond with them and create amazing memories.

In fact, I am actually typing this while on a retreat with my youth group and am sitting next to my best friend, Olivia, in the very back row of the church van. I love moments like this because I feel close to people who are amazing. We are going to Twin Lakes in Florence, Mississippi. It's about three hours from where we live and it's a tiny trip but it's so much fun that it feels like anything but that.

This past summer we went to Snow Bird in Andrews, North Carolina and that was about a ten hour trip and it was HUGE. Over fifty people who all love each other were on a huge charter bus and it was bunches of fun. I also got to spend that with her and our other best friend, Madison, and it was a blast!

When you go on a trip with close friends you make unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime and the fact that I get the opportunity to make these memories with people that love God as much as I do and have good morals makes it a thousand times better than it could ever be. It's literally one of the greatest things to be squished and uncomfortable and sweaty and smelly and all stuck in the same van as them.

The fact that even though you are all actually really uncomfortable and some of you are too cold and others are too hot and some people brought too much while others brought too little is oddly comforting. I mean, at the time you are probably miserable, but it adds to the memories you make and becomes a heart warming thought. You will also always remember that unidentifiable smell that came from an unidentifiable object under a seat from who knows how long ago.It would be one thing if it was people you did not know but with people you know and love you feel safe and secure and apart from being uncomfortable you are way more likely to be happy. Being surrounded by people you love that love you back, family or friends, always makes a memory worth laughing over.

Road trips are fun whether you are alone or with your family or with your closest friends they are always something to remember. The best part is that it was with people you wouldn't trade for the world and you learn things the whole way through. You have memories that will last the rest of your life of people that matter to you. It's so much fun and so worth it. You would have to be crazy to not want to do something so fun with people you love!