'Riverdale' Actually Sucks Now, Really Badly

Before any die-hard "Riverdale" fans come at me for bashing their favorite television show, just listen to what I have to say. I'll admit, the series really had me hooked in season one - Archie Andrews was smokin' hot, there was the perfect amount of drama + mystery, and each episode finished with a cliffhanger. However, after a total of four seasons on air, there has been a serious decline in quality & content.

It's a shame, really. The cast consists of all of these wildly talented actors/actresses like Lili Reinhart, Casey Cott, and Charles Melton, and the writers have chosen to (to be quite blunt) ruin their characters. In the first season, I was able to understand and connect to the characters on screen. Now, they're totally unpredictable. Like why are Veronica & Reggie a thing now? Penelope Blossom is literally a Dominatrix? AND ARCHIE & JOSIE JUST KISSED IN THAT LAST EPISODE? What is happening?!

But that's not even the worst of it - these actors/actresses are honestly saving this awful plot line. This show has many flaws, but the inconsistency of the genre is probably the worst aspect. I get that it's mystery-based, but musical episodes? Archie struggling to pass the SATs? And weird incestuous undertones? I can't be the only one who doesn't follow. "Riverdale" is trying way too hard to be "13 Reasons Why" + "Vampire Diaries" + "PLL" + "Gossip Girl' & it's impossible to follow. 90% of the time it's just so cringe-worthy.

However, as much as I love to hate on it, I'll probably still keep watching it - maybe it's that I enjoy sitting there in confusion or KJ Appa is just too cute to ignore. I just hope that in season four, the writers can get their sh*t together and try to redeem this potentially brilliant TV show.