5 rituals to welcome the spring and start fresh.

5 Rituals To Welcome The Spring And Start Fresh

Reconnect with nature and yourself with these 5 rituals.

68

The Spring Equinox is the perfect time to set new intentions, re-assess any specific goals or plans you put in place at the New Year, and welcome transformation and change. Drop into a new mindset for manifestation and honor the transition of the new season. Use these rituals and practices to reconnect with nature and yourself and find a new sense of balance in your life.

1. Complete the classic "spring cleaning".

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvRuNlQnPup/

Clear the clutter in your closet, vacuum the floors, wash your bedding, and clean all the nooks and crannies you typically might forget about. Open up new space for a season that represents blooming and growth.

2. Let more light and air into your space.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkUT0x0lRAK/

Open the curtains and windows to let the light of spring fill your home. If you like to use essential oils, use lemon or rose to uplift your mood and freshen the space.

3. Spend more time outside.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvXex4VHeTP/

With the sun setting later, there is more time to bathe in the sun and re-charge in the presence of nature. Find a playlist on Spotify to listen to and commit to walking around your neighborhood for at least 15 minutes. Enjoy the new signs of spring - blooming flowers, more greenery, and clear skies.

4. Journal with intention.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvRr5DuAnnC/

Break out your journal and re-assess where you are in terms of goals, relationships, and future plans for work or school. You can do this in a list or as a free-writing exercise. Then set an intention for this next season of your life, whether that is presence, balance, or peace. What quality do you want to bring to your new beginnings? Think of this as planting the seed for meeting your goals, just as we plant seeds that grow in the spring.

5. Bring nature into your home.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtwHHpwnKMv/

Get a bouquet of flowers, wrap some eucalyptus around your shower head, or pick out a new succulent. Having plants indoors brings a new sense of life to your living space and also gives you something to care for.