25 Songs That Prove Rihanna Is Golden

25 Songs That Prove Rihanna Is Golden

Chris Martin says Rihanna is the Frank Sinatra of our generation.

151
25 Songs That Prove Rihanna Is Golden
morgan mills

"'She is the Frank Sinatra of our generation. She can turn anything into gold with that voice,' he said of Rihanna".This past week Chris Martin, lead singer of Cold Play, stated that Rihanna was this generation's Frank Sinatra. His reasoning was that her voice is very rich sound g, and pleasant to hear by majority of people. Well it's true, Chris Martin his right, Rihanna can really turn anything into gold, just like I would listen to Morgan Freeman read a grocery list, I'd listen to Rihanna sing one. I was lucky enough to attend her ANTI tour in Nashville, TN, and my life was changed forever. I've always liked Rihanna, jammed to her songs in the car, but since seeing her live, I am in love and I'm apart of the NAVY. ANTI Deluxe is playing in my car every time I drive, I can't help but search for #ANTIworldtour on instagram and twitter, and don't even get me started on her flawless social media posts, like she sings in Sex with Me "stay off my instagram it's your temptation" Rihanna is a boss, and here are 25 songs that she has turned to gold over the past 11 years:

1. "SOS"

"SOS please someone help me" I have heard my first Rihanna single and I can't stop dancing.

2. "Umbrella"

Umbrella was Rihanna's first big hit, and to this day it still makes me sing to the top of my lungs like a fool. At the Rihanna concert in Nashville, TN, the fans sang Umbrella flawlessly that Rihanna herself was taken back and couldn't sing the song to its entirety. She's come along way since Umbrella, but you have to admit that everything about that music video make you scream "YAASSS RIHANNA".

3. "Don't Stop the Music"

Rihanna has been topping the charts since around 2005. When you hear Don't Stop the Music, you can't help but turn up the volume and dance and hope the DJ never stops the music.

4. "Take A Bow"

This is the first slow hit for Rihanna, it had my twelve year old singing along like I was leaving my cheating man. Her vocal range in this song is phenomenal and it started to show us what her voice could really do in a song, and also her facial expressions give me life in this video.

5. "Disturbia"

I am honestly so disturbed how Rihanna is not the queen of something at this point.

6. "Rehab"

It's like I checked into rehab and the only cure is more Rihanna and Justin Timberlake.

7. "Run This Town"

This isn't the last trio feat. Kanye and Rihanna, and it's probably because Rihanna is the only saving grace to these songs, I'm sorry I'm just that a big fan of rap music. We know Rihanna is gonna run this music industry and never forget the illuminati reference at the end or their award show performance.

8. "Rude Boy"

There is probably an entire album you can make just about Rihanna's sex songs, and I love them all.

9. "Love the Way you Lie"

MY FAVORITE RIHANNA DUO OF ALL TIME, NOTHING COMPARES TO THIS SONG, IT'S MUSIC VIDEO AND IT'S MESSAGE. Rihanna and Eminem paint a picture of what it is like in some cases about domestic abuse and why it is difficult for women to remove themselves.

10. "Only Girl (In the World)"

Listen I want my man to make me feel like I am the only girl in the world so thank you Rihanna for singing my feelings.

11. "What's my Name"

OH NA NA WHAT'S MY NAME OH NA NA. Seriously this song made us start wanting Rihanna and Drake to marry each other.

12. "S&M"

Again another banger about banging and it's amazing.

13. "California King Bed"

Any ballad Rihanna sings is pure amazement, and this song expresses just that.

14. "Cheers (Drink to That)"

Why is it this song played at bars more?

15. "We Found Love"

It's Rihanna and Calvin Harris, they found love in making beautiful music together and can they just record an entire album together?

16. "Where Have You Been"

If you haven't heard a Rihanna song yet, where have you been because you are missing out all your life.

17. "You Da One"

Rihanna you da one, my love is your love and your love is mine. 16 year old me thought I was in love with the boy who sat in front of me in English class because of this song.

18. "DIAMONDS"

Yes the title is in all caps, yes this is probably Rihanna's best song, you definitely have to see it performed live because the venue looks like diamonds in the sky. Oh and always shine bright like a diamond.

19. "Stay"

Have I mentioned that Rihanna kills ballads? Rihanna please stay with us forever.

20. "Pour It Up"

again this song should be played in the bars more, and friends pour it up pour it up!

21. "FourFive Seconds"

Do you ever after blow of steam at work and your boss just makes you want to punch him in the face? Yeah well are you about fourfive seconds from whiling? Guess what there's only three more days til Friday. Rihanna had a group chat at her concert about this song and it made me love it more (yes even the Kanye parts)

22. "BITCH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY"

THIS SONG IS PERFECTION! THIS MUSIC VIDEO KILLS. RIHANNA IS A BOSS AND YOU BETTER PAY HER WHAT YOU OWE HER.

23. THE "ANTI" ALBUM

Now I could have continued this list naming off all 16 songs on the deluxe edition (seriously spend the extra, because the three songs are worth it). From Kiss it Better to James Joint to Sex With Me (my favorite) to Needed Me to Desperado and every song in between. This album solidity's Chris Martin's statement the Rihanna's voice is atheistically pleasing to the ear, because if any other artists sang these songs I probably wouldn't have it on repeat 24/7.

23.5 "WORK"

You can barely make out what she's saying during half the song and it's still amazing. WHY AREN'T DRAKE AND RIHANNA A COUPLE ALREADY? If you haven't been rooting for these two to get back together than you are now.

23.75 "LOVE ON THE BRAIN"

Billboard Music Award Performance (Mic Drop).

24. "This is What You Came For"

again the world (I) need an entire Rihanna and Calvin Harris Album.

25. "Sledgehammer"

Rihanna is the first artist to have a music video released in IMAX theater, WHICH IS PRETTY FREAKING AWESOME.

Moral of the story: Rihanna has the voice of an Barbados angel and I hope for many more albums to drop.

*AS OF FRIDAY JULY 1,2016 RIHANNA AND DRAKE ARE A COUPLE AGAIN* (LET THE WORLD REJOICE IN THIS HAPPINESS)

If you need to listen to Rihanna after reading this here's my playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/user/12130358790/playlist...