Right Now Is The Big Time

Right Now Is The Big Time

Remind yourself to slow down and enjoy the moments that you are in.

197

I recently heard the term "Right now is the big time", and it really stuck with me because I have been really trying to remind myself, especially since it's my senior year in college, to enjoy the moments I am in. I went into this year telling myself that I don't want to dwell on the future of finding a job and wasting time worrying about things I cannot control. I wanted to take an extra amount of time with my friends that I won't be around next year (crying already) and to do things I have never done before too.

As I am coming close to Thanksgiving break, I am reminded by how fast time truely does go and how I am so grateful and happy with myself that I have taken each day by living in the moment and enjoying everything that gets thrown at me. I am a firm believer that everyone gets too worked up about what's coming next, and we forget to see what's going on right now. I think we focus on that one point in our lives where we think we will be successful or seeing our dreams come true.

But what about right now?

It isn't where we end up, it's all about the journey. As cliche as that sounds, it's so true. Why not look at your daily life and think, this is the big time! You cleaned your room today! You aced that test you studied so hard for! You spent over $100 at Target, but got the cutest purse, yay! When all of those little things add up, you realize, looking back that you were living your best life or great things were happening to you. Sometimes they are so small that you don't even notice those "big" moments, but it's important to take the time to notice it. Enjoy the moment you are in. Soon it will be over and a memory that you look back on.

I like to think that I am a very positive person; I hate dwelling on little things or even being around drama or negativity. I deal with what I have to, but I am an annoying half-full glass type of girl, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Because I have this perspective on life, I really do believe that I have lived in the moment as much as I could in college and I am so thankful for that.

If you are struggling with something and worrying about the future, don't. Grab a notebook. Grab a pen. Write a list of all the good (big or small - the small things are my favorite things) things that happened to you. I know forgetting the thing you are worried about or struggling with is better said than done, but take the small steps and I promise it will make you feel better and enjoy life just a little bit more.