As a senior in college, I have been forced to start thinking about “the real world.” The most terrifying part of this is I am most definitely not ready for the real world. I still have so many questions about life. Instead of trying to find the answers to these questions, I have decided to compile a list of the most random and ridiculous questions me and my friends have asked our parents throughout college. Sorry mom and dad, but these questions will not stop just because I am going to enter the real world soon. These are all real questions my friends and other students have asked their parents.
1. Do I HAVE to get a flu shot?!
2. What’s the Netflix password?
3. How do I write a check?
4. We have insurance on my phone, right? What about my laptop?
5. Can I mix alcohol and *insert specific medication*?
6. Do I HAVE to separate my colors and whites? Like what would actually happen?
7. How do I know if something has expired? How many days can pass before I actually have to throw it out?
8. What will actually happen to me if I did eat something that had expired?
9. How do I get this stain out? Should I just give up?
10. How do I replace the credit card I lost last night?
11. Do we have a lawyer in our family?
12. Can you read this paper for me?
13. On a scale of angry to move out of the house, how mad would you be if I brought home a dog?
14. Do I have dental insurance? What about coverage for an eye doctor?
15. How do I cook steak? Like, is it the same as chicken?
16. *Coughs into phone* What does this sound like to you?
17. How often do I ACTUALLY have to change my sheets? What about my toothbrush?
18. What does it mean if our windows are covered with white fuzz? Is that bad?
19. What is renters insurance? Do I actually need it?
20. What’s a 401K?
21. How often can I wear something before it actually has to be cleaned?
22. What would you actually do if I failed out of school?
23. What's the lowest grade I can get on this exam without you being disappointed?
24. Can you send me *insert unnecessary item from home*?
25. How do I open a can?
26. How do I get rid of a pimple?
27. What do YOU want me to be when I grow up?
28. Should I go to grad school?
29. Do you know how much I love you?
There really isn’t much else to say except thank you. I don’t think we can ever really thank our parents enough for the ridiculous things we ask them at the most inconvenient parts of the day. Whether you are a freshman or senior, I think we all owe our parents a huge thank you for everything they have, or will do throughout our college careers.