Dear John Krasinski: Thank You For Bringing Us "Some Good News"

John Krasinski's new show is what we all need to be watching right now. It's time to celebrate the good news.

52

In this crazy and unprecedented time, it is often hard to see the positive.

It can be easy to fall into the trap of keeping your eyes glued to the news as it recounts all of the bad things that have happened in the day, whether it be volatility in the market or the growing number of people affected by COVID-19.

To combat this by bringing people together, John Krasinski launched a YouTube channel called "Some Good News" on March 30th, which already has a following of 753,000 people. This show has been Krasinski's quarantine project, in which he decided it was time to highlight all of the amazing ways people are showing compassion for one another in these trying times.

Some Good News with John Krasinski www.youtube.com

He asked followers on Twitter to comment on a heartwarming story or about a person who truly has made a positive impact on people around them. The "Some Good News" YouTube channel was then created to highlight these special stories. For instance, he interviewed and shared the story of a 15-year old girl who returned home from her last chemotherapy treatment and was greeted by a street lined with family, friends, and neighbors who threw her the ultimate social distancing welcome home party. As if that isn't touching enough, a clip of a woman with Alzheimer's and her husband singing 'Amazing Grace' with a window separating them was also featured. It's almost impossible to watch "Some Good News" without at least tearing up a little bit, and that's the magic of it.

This show really is what we all need to see right now; we need "Some Good News."

Thank you, John Krasinski, for highlighting the everyday acts of compassion and kindness that bring people together. Especially in a time of isolation and uncertainty, it is important that we lean on each other (not literally of course) and create unity through love and positivity. We need exposure to stories such as these because otherwise, they wouldn't be heard. I am personally grateful that John Krasinski has created an accessible platform to bring people together by making an outlet where good news is celebrated.