John Krasinski's 'Some Good News' YouTube Show Is The Only News You Should Be Watching Right Now

There's a lot of bad news in the world, but there's a lot of good news in it, too.

264
YouTube

If you've been watching the news at all for the past three weeks, chances are all you've seen are updates on the novel COVID-19 pandemic.

Schools all around the country are closed for the remainder of the school year, doctors and nurses are facing more demanding situations in hospitals daily, and social distancing rules keep extending. With all of the fear that has been brought about because of the situation the world is in, we are all in need of a little good news.

Luckily, John Krasinski, famous for his role as Jim Halpert on "The Office", has started a news station on YouTube that showcases only good news. Even though it's only been online for a day, the "Some Good News" network has already amassed more than 3 million views on YouTube, so it clearly means a lot to a lot of people.

After John Krasinski asked for any good news story people could find on Twitter, hundreds of stories were shared. Some of the best ones were a grandfather getting to meet his grandson for the first time, hundreds of people in the UK cheering for their nurses and doctors who are certainly on the front lines of this battle, and a husband visiting his quarantined wife who has Alzheimer's and singing "Amazing Grace" to her. There were so many people who did everything they could to make the best of an incredibly difficult situation.

And the smiles didn't stop there. Oh no, they did not. To celebrate the 15th anniversary of the wonderful sitcom "The Office", Krasinski video-called none other than the talented and hilarious Steve Carell, who, of course, played Michael Scott on "The Office". Seeing these two friends getting to catch up is the only video you need to see this week.

Both Steve and John had many beautiful memories of "The Office" to reflect on, and watching them talk about how much they loved being on the show together lifted spirits everywhere.

It was so wonderful to see two great people talk about such a great show and how much it means to them. "The Office" means a lot to people even today, especially now, so this was such a beautiful thing to watch.

The final surprise of the video came in the form of another video call! In California last week, 15-year-old Courtney "Coco" Johnson finished her final chemotherapy session.

To celebrate what was easily one of the best days of her life, her neighbors came together to throw her a social distancing parade from their cars. Coco had the biggest smile on her face throughout the whole parade, and it was one of the sweetest things anyone has seen happen this year.

She came on the show to video call John, and the joy in the conversation was so noticeable. She talked about how happy she was to be done with chemotherapy, and she even took the time to thank her nurses who were with her throughout the entire chemotherapy process.

The whole video call was so incredibly sweet, and it was so wonderful to see a young girl complete such a daunting task in these unprecedented times.

The "Some Good News" sets the perfect example of what we should all be doing in the world today. While there is plenty of dark things happening whenever we turn on the news, we should be doing our part and looking for the good news that's happening all around us.

People are sharing love everywhere they go in this day and age, we just need to find it. Sometimes that's someone helping another person by buying groceries for them, calling relatives who are in quarantine, or even something as small as finding their old childhood Nancy Drew mystery novels collection they were sure they'd lost in their garage.

That was me, by the way. It made my entire weekend.

Thank you endlessly, John Krasinski, for creating the "Some Good News" network. It's a ray of sunshine we all need on a cloudy day, and it has inspired us to look for good news in our own lives.