A Review Of "Facts" By Kanye West

A Review Of "Facts" By Kanye West

Does the song live up to the others he's released for "Swish?"
19

On New Year's Eve, Kanye West released the song "Facts" to Soundcloud. His fans have been waiting patiently for him to release songs ever since he announced the new album that he was working on. After the announcement, he released "Only One" and "All Day," which would be on the new album titled "Swish." "Swish" was supposedly going to be released in 2015.

Kanye's wife, Kim Kardashian West, posted on Twitter New Year's Eve about a new song which was about to be released. Fans wondered if he might also release "Swish" that night too. Unfortunately for the fans, "Swish" was not also released that night, making the expected release date/year not met.

Fans should be grateful because now that they have another song from the album to listen to. Comments on the Soundcloud track show mixed reviews. Some like that it was different than the usual Kanye West sound, while others were upset by that fact.

I feel that "Facts" was a way for Kanye to promote his Yeezy shoes. Most of the song is him saying "Yeezy Yeezy Yeezy." You would figure that since he is one of the most famous musical artists presently that he wouldn't need to advertise his products this blatantly. Maybe his shoes aren't selling as much as he wanted and that's why he made this song.

Most fans are hoping that "Swish" will be more like "All Day" and less like "Facts." They enjoy the usual Kanye sound and that's why they listen to his music. "Facts" would be a good song to be used in a promotional video for Yeezy shoes, but it is not the best song to put on an album.

With how long fans have had to wait for a new "Swish" song to be released, "Facts" was mostly a let down. Having "Facts" released before the album might actually hurt its sales. With "All Day," fans got very excited about what was to come, but with "Facts," some fans might be worried about how much "Swish" will let them down.