A Review Of "Finding Dory"

A Review Of "Finding Dory"

Oh sorry, I meant a review of the greatest movie already to be produced in 2016.

26
A Review Of "Finding Dory"
USA Today

The moment we'd all been waiting for since the announcement of a sequel to the forever classic movie, "Finding Nemo," finally arrived last week, Friday, June 17. Some people might refer to the 17th as the best day of their lives, with the release of "Finding Dory," a movie that holds a new special place in our hearts. "Nemo" fans sympathized and adored the little clown fish with a bad fin who wanted the world. Avid Disney lovers also shared a love for one of the best movie sidekicks, Dory the Blue Tang fish. Dory not only provided hilarious comedic relief in "Finding Nemo," her loving and utterly loyal character showed through when she accompanied her new best friend Marlin all the way across the ocean to find his son. By the end of the movie, you couldn't get enough of the cutest new family this side of the coral reef. Thankfully, the creators of "Nemo" decided to give the people what they asked for and came up with "Finding Dory," arguably even better than "Nemo."

I'm not one to discredit the amazing film of "Nemo" in any way, I can't begin to count the number of times I've seen it. "Nemo" will always be one of the best animated movies of all time, but "Dory" is an extremely close second, maybe even a tie. The movie flashes back to Dory's childhood, as she struggles with her short-term memory loss and lack of her original family, besides Marlin and Nemo. If you think you know what cute is, you are wrong until you watch baby Dory on screen playing hide-and-go-seek with her parents. Who would've thought that a small fish with giant eyes and serious memory problems could be the cutest thing in the entire universe? Fish are not cute creatures -- they have weird scales and bulging eyes... But seriously, if I could have a baby Dory in my possession for the rest of my life there wouldn't be a time I would not be happy.

This movie surprised me with its heartfelt plot. Like I mentioned before, Dory provided hilarious comedic relief for her loving audience in "Nemo," her favorite quotes never forgotten. But in this movie, Dory's sensitive and ultra-loving side emerged in her own journey across the ocean. If you weren't already in love with Dory, or even if you were, get ready to fall in love all over again with the fish who's got it all: kindness, humor, unconditional love and loyalty; what more could you want in a best friend/daughter?

Too much is not to be given away about this spectacular film; it's important "Nemo" fans see for themselves the second masterpiece created with the fish who started it all. I was even impressed with all of the new fish characters introduced in "Dory" — the more the merrier. This film is definitely a must-see, I would say even at least three-five times in the theaters.