Every Family Should Have Family Reunions

Laughter and memories are what family is all about.

69

Family reunions are such a fun time. You get to do fun things with family you haven’t seen in a while. I just had a family reunion, and it was great. We get together every two years. We get together in Upstate New York in a little town called Bath, where my family is originally from, and everyone loves it.

1. Seeing family

Of course you get to see your family, but it is extra special to get to visit with the family you haven’t seen in a long time. You get to catch up on what is going on in each other's lives. Since my family has reunions every two years, it is nice to catch up on what they have done in the past two years.

2. Food and drinks

There is always great food at family reunions. Burgers, hot dogs and subs. There is enough food to go around. Just put them out on the table, and let everyone grab whatever they want. And of course alcohol; alcohol is a must. It is part of the fun, but of course there should be water around.

3. Location

Location is the key to a good family reunion. It has to be perfect; it has to be accommodating to everyone. It also has to be a nice place. My family always has it at Lake Keuka National Park. The children get to go swimming in the lake, and the older people van relax with their drinks and watch them or they can go swimming with them.

4. Places to stay

At Lake Keuka, there are cottages all over the lake. You don’t want to stay at a bad place during a family reunion; that wouldn’t be fun at all. You have to end on a high note of the day.

5. Games

Games are a must have. Even if it’s just a football. My brother and cousin tossed the football almost the whole time we were at the reunion. It is something to toss around while you are talking. A great outdoor game would be corn hole. A great game that I absolutely suck at, but it is a lot of fun to play.

6. Laughter

If you are anything like my family, you would laugh a whole lot. It is great to laugh and talk about old times and how we have changed over the years. There is always that one comedian in the family. If you don’t know who it is, it’s probably you.

7. Generations

There are always generations at reunions. The great-grandparents, grandparents, the parents and the children. In my family there are four generations, and we can see how much has changed from the first generation to the fourth generation.

8. Memories

And you will always treasure the moments you have with your family. That is what makes memories so great. When you want to reminisce, there are probably pictures that you have taken with one another. Making memories with family is one of the most important things in life.