5 Timeless Retro Looks For Men Today

5 Timeless Retro Looks For Men Today

No, you don't have to be a hipster to pull these off.

30
5 Timeless Retro Looks For Men Today

Last week, I wrote an article about 5 retro looks for women today. I got a couple suggestions that I do the same for men, so here we go!

1. Skinny Tie

Image

Ok, so you definitely don't want to be like Don Draper, but don’t you want to look like him? Whether it’s a fancy night out or a more casual event, a skinny tie looks refined and sharp.

2. Oxford Shoes

Image

You can opt for a more ornamented look, or a finished, flat-leather look—either way, these add a classic touch to your outfit. A pop of color on the sole throws in a more modern twist.

3. Chuck Taylor All Stars

Image

The most well-known converse. Pretty much everyone just calls them converse and we all know what they mean. I’m pretty sure these never go out of style; there are definitely cycles—Chucks were huge when I was in 5th and 6th grade—but no matter what, you can’t go wrong with a classic black, a fresh white, or a personal favorite color. I adore my light blue all-stars.

4. Wool Trench Coat

Image

Channel your inner Mad-Man or Sherlock Holmes. Or, just keep warm on a chilly day. A wool coat like this in tan or brown is the perfect mix of polished and easy-going. Maybe you’re a struggling artist or a professor or a business man—the coat works on anyone.

5. Leather Jacket

Image

If you want something a little more weather-proof and perhaps a bit more edgy, choose a black leather jacket. You can pretend to be ’50’s Marty McFly, which is a definite win.