Working Retail Is Hard, But It's Harder When Customers Do These 17 Things
popular

For those who work in retail, this is for you.

67939

Working retail can be both a blessing and a curse. Working retail is a blessing for these two reasons:

1.You have a job, AKA money.

2. You get an employee discount.

But on the flip side, the customers you may have to deal with can quickly outweigh the positives.

When you're out shopping, promise me that you won't do the following things:

1. Use expired coupons.

It is not the worker's fault that you didn't pay attention to the expiration date.

2. Put your card in the machine as soon as you get up to the counter.

What are you even paying for? I have yet to scan one item.

3. Hand me your Rewards card after the transaction has already processed.

I will politely say, "I am sorry, but you'll have to call to get those points because it's too late."

4. Cut in line.

We can see you going in the exit way to be first in line. Not cool.

5. When the security sounds go off when you leave the store, don't keep walking.

If you keep walking I can bet you will be back in the store the next day because you found a security tag on your new shirt.

6. Try to sign up for a credit card if you don't have the necessary forms of ID.

F.Y.I ... you need your license and your social security number.

7. We have our own shopping carts, so don't bring in other stores carts.

Our carts are special to our store.

8. Once you are finished with your cart, stop leaving it wherever you may please.

You see, there is a nice section of rows lined with carts as soon as you walk in the store. Please return your cart there after each use.

9. Ask me if I work here.

I am literally wearing a nametag with my name on it and the stores' name on it. Yes, I work here.

10. Hold the line up by looking for your mobile coupons.

Tip: before you get in line, already have the app or your coupons pulled up and ready to go.

11. If you need a gift receipt, don't wait until you are walking out the door.

Ask the associate if you can get gift receipts as you are putting your stuff up on the counter.

12. Throw your card at me.

There is a card machine located on the counter. You can swipe or insert your card there.

13. Ask if we can look up your coupons on your credit card.

We can't. We have to have the barcode to scan each separate coupon.

14. Stop asking the associate to delete 8 different items once everything has been rung up and bagged.

It's a pain having to find the item and then delete the item once. So please don't do it over and over again.

15. Bring exchanges to the checkout register.

Customer Service is an integral part of the store. There, you can make your exchanges.

16. Come up and wanting four separate transactions completed.

If you're coming up to the counter with your bestie and you two shared a shopping cart, take the time to separate your stuff and go to different checkout lanes. You hold the line up when you want a million different transactions.

17. Stop complaining about how much you spent.

I hear it all the time. Customers say, "Oh my gosh, it's really that much? Wow, I spent a lot." Associates will still smile, and make sure to tell you how much you saved.

Shopping is fun and we all shop at some point. Just make sure when you're out shopping that you don't do any of the 17 things listed above.

Seriously. Us retail workers beg of you to STOP.