11 Restaurants That Should Have Drive-Thru Menus
Fast Food

11 Restaurants Every College Student Wishes Had Drive-Thru Options

Most people order to go at Chipotle anyway, but they'd rather not wait in line.

41

A lot of students in college and above will tell you that they don't have a lot of time. Part of that includes not being able to prepare their own meals to bring onto campus. Since there are people who drive to school and use their cars, they need to be able to eat on the go. Fast-food restaurants cook quickly, and it's a great quality that they have, but students don't always have the time to wait in line to pay for their order. Therefore a drive-thru would make things easier for them.

Here are 11 fast-food restaurants that college students wish they'd have.

1. Chipotle

Because of its popularity, the line can get really long when ordering inside the restaurant. They are relatively quick in getting your order processed, so you shouldn't have a problem getting through the drive-thru in time. Most people order to go anyway.

2. Subway

While Subway isn't as popular as chipotle, it saves you a walk into the restaurant if you don't have time to sit down and eat. You can just hold the sub and bite into it.

3. Buffalo Wild Wings

BWW has a carry-out feature, but it would be quicker to get your order if there was a drive-thru.

4. Panda Express

Panda Express is already quick (hence "Express") but the line gets so long that you wonder if it's worth waiting in line.

5. Waffle House

Waffle House isn't everywhere, but it provides great breakfast options at any time of the day. But when it comes to breakfast food, again, sometimes you don't have time to sit down and eat your breakfast.

6. Big Boy

Big Boy isn't McDonald's, but Big Boy makes similar food to them especially at lunch and dinner. It would be useful to have a drive-thru at Big Boy since you could get a burger and fries on the go.

7. Dairy Queen

Ice cream isn't your typical meal, but you don't really want to wait when you get ice cream even though they get your order quick. You could get an ice cream cone and eat it as you drive. Since it can melt quickly in the heat, it's essentially like milk and you could drink it (even though that is not preferred).

8. TGI Friday's

While TGI Friday's is better known for its dining, you can get a meat-based dish at TGI Friday's for dinner. Why not put it in a sandwich and eat it on the go? It's still going to be just as delicious.

9. Quizno's

Quizno's isn't as big now as it was before, but it is similar to Subway in terms of its various sandwich options. The line potentially gets long so there should ideally be another option to get your order quickly.

10. Dunkin Donuts

Typically you have to walk into Dunkin' Donuts to get what you want, but it's hard to wait for a long time if you're in a hurry.

11. Coldstone Creamery

Again, just like Dairy Queen, this isn't your typical restaurant for a meal, but some students just simply don't have enough time to walk in to decide what they want to get. Having a drive-thru will make it easier to pick something and roll with it.

These are 11 of the many restaurant chains that don't have drive-thrus but could definitely use them. Students are limited in both money and time, so having drive-thrus definitely helps achieve a balance between them.