While my recommendations are not necessary "near" Villanova, these are some restaurants that I've tried over the last decade of living in Pennsylvania. Some I've tried during my first year at Villanova; some I've tried four years ago. But all of them have some pretty photogenic food and perfect opportunities for an impromptu ~photoshoot~ with friends or family. I've ordered the restaurants by their distance from Villanova—they range from 2 minutes down the road to 39 minutes away near my hometown.

1. First Watch

Avocado Toast from First Watch

Instagram @first.watch

Location: Villanova, PA (2 minutes from Villanova)

Type of food: Breakfast & Brunch

Favorite dish: Avocado Toast

I wouldn't be a Villanova student if I didn't recommend First Watch- many students' go-to brunch place. The first and only time I went to First Watch, I had to try the avocado toast (basic, I know), and it was different than any I've ever tasted. The avocado tasted so fresh and the whole-grain toast made me feel really healthy. The two basted eggs on the side complemented the toast very well.

2. Autograph Brasserie

Inside the Autograph Brasserie

Instagram @francesca_ragucci

Location: Wayne, PA (7 minutes from Villanova)

Type of food: American, Italian

Favorite dish: Breakfast BLT

Autograph Brasserie is a hidden gem that I only visited once as well, but it did not disappoint. Though it was a little pricey, the BLT was cooked to perfection and the fries were great as well.

3. Terrain Garden Cafe

French Toast from Terrain

Katelyn Tsai

Location: Devon, PA (8 minutes from Villanova)

Type of food: American

Favorite dish: French Toast, Terrain Burger

I've been to the Glen Mills, PA location a few times but recently went to the Devon, PA location because it's much closer to Villanova. The quality of food at both locations is very impressive, and the restaurants are clearly environmentally friendly based on the interior of the restaurants. Both of my favorite dishes are very filling and just what I need for brunch.

4. Pod

Sushi from Pod

Instagram @thephillyeats

Location: Philadelphia, PA (23 minutes from Villanova)

Type of food: Asian Fusion, Sushi

Favorite dish: All the sushi. You can't go wrong.

I honestly went here a long time ago and don't remember exactly what I ordered, but I remember the sushi being really delicious and the inside of the restaurant being aesthetically pleasing. Not only does Pod serve sushi, but it also offers rice, noodles, dim sum, and various soups and salads.

5. Kooma

Inside of Kooma

Instagram @mandyjansen

Location: West Chester, PA (30 minutes from Villanova)

Type of food: Asian Fusion, Sushi

Favorite dish: Firecracker Roll

I've only been here once as well, but the Firecracker Roll I ordered had all of my favorite ingredients in sushi: shrimp tempura, avocado, and cream cheese. Kooma also serves various other specialties with meat, seafood, noodles, and more.

6. Brew HaHa!

Affogato

Instagram @like_you_a_latte

Location: Greenville, DE (36 minutes from Villanova)

Type of food: Coffee & Tea, Breakfast & Brunch

Favorite drink: Brew Ha Ha! Latte

Brew Ha Ha! is a hidden gem in Delaware, but it is one of my go-to coffee shops for both good food and coffee. The ambiance is very calm, and it's a perfect place to sit and catch up with friends when I'm back home. Something else I love about Brew Ha Ha! is that they have $2 tacos every Thursdays which is difficult to resist!

7. Pizza by Elizabeths

Entrance of Pizza by Elizabeths

Instagram @julie9626

Location: Greenville, DE (37 minutes from Villanova)

Favorite dish: Boop

Pizza by Elizabeths is more of a classy and rustic restaurant with decorations of various famous Elizabeths. I love the Boop pizza (each pizza is named after an Elizabeth), which consists of mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, balsamic vinaigrette, and fresh tomatoes. You can also create your own pizza if none of the signature ones speak to you!

8. Lily Asian Cuisine

Shrimp Tempura, Tuna Avocado, and Spicy Tuna Rolls

Katelyn Tsai

Location: Kennett Square, PA (39 minutes from Villanova)

Type of food: Sushi, Asian Fusion

Favorite dish: I can't choose. Literally everything.

As you've probably noticed, I kinda like sushi. This is probably my favorite restaurant of all time. It's where everyone from my community goes for authentic sushi, and I've introduced it to so many people. It's a great place for families to eat and I also love their All-You-Can-Eat Tuesdays. I would 1000% recommend going if you're ever in the area!

9. Philter

They also do really cool latte art!

Katelyn Tsai

Favorite drink: Hazelnut Latte

This is my favorite coffee shop in my hometown. It's the perfect place to get some work done while sipping a soothing latte. There are also several sandwiches and salads to choose from that I've really enjoyed. It's basically impossible to get a seat during brunch time because it's so popular, but the drinks make the trip worth it.