Yes, Rescinding DACA Is Completely Racist

Rescinding this law has nothing to do with national security or immigration and everything to do with racism.
34

You've probably been hearing a lot about DACA recently. DACA is the Obama Administration's immigration policy. It stands for Delayed Action for Childhood Arrivals or children whose parents brought them to the US illegally when they were very young.

Naturally, because Obama enacted it, Trump has announced he's getting rid of it. He claims this is to help decrease the number of illegal immigrants in this country, and deter other illegals from entering our country as well ... illegally, and return criminals to their home countries.

This is bullshit.

To tackle the issue of DACA recipients being criminals, this is simply incorrect. It is actually a really exclusive pool to be considered for DACA. Below, I have listed the requirements to apply for DACA from the US Department of Citizenship and Immigration Services, so you know it isn't "fake news":

1. Had to be under the age of 31 in June of 2012,

2. Came to the US before their 16th birthday

3. Have resided in the US from June of 2007 to present time

4. Were physically present in the US on June 15th, 2012

5. Had no lawful status in June of 2012 (aka not granted citizenship)

6. Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States

7. Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors (aka no criminal record of ANY kind)

But yeah, people who immigrated to the United States as children, who have never known their home countries and have no life in those home countries, are more dangerous to our national security than the white supremacist groups which Trump has endorsed.

Rescinding DACA is racism at its very core. We are choosing to deport people who have been positive contributing members of our society simply because their parents made a decision for them before they were capable of making that decision themselves.

You cannot be a DACA recipient if you have committed a felony. You cannot be a DACA recipient if you do not have AT MINIMUM a high school diploma or equivalent. You cannot be a DACA recipient if you came in the US as a legal adult.

This is choosing to deport mainly Mexicans based on the assumption that Mexican people escaping their home country for a better life here in America are less than we are, deserve less than natural born citizens, and deserve to be punished for the choices their parents made.

By this logic, Trump should have been punished for his father's involvement with a KKK rally ... but oh wait, Trump is being celebrated for it. Incredible.