If You Need Reminding Of How Small You Are

Don't we all, from time to time?

7
New Evolution Designs

Hey, you! Yeah YOU, staring at the screen. I want you to know that you are important. Your presence on this earth matters. You are not here by accident. That being said, in the grand scheme of life, you're pretty small. It is all too easy to get caught up in our own egocentric worlds and forget how teeny tiny our problems really are. I was reminded of this while laying atop my roof attempting to watch the Perseid meteor shower at 2 a.m. last Friday. I caught a glimpse of five or six shooting stars as well as a little bit of perspective. God is big, humans are not. Here are a few pieces of perspective for when tribulation seems to be taking over:

There ARE a lot of fish in the sea. 7,432,663,275 (and counting) to be exact.

Go to http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html. These miraculous photos of space should decrease your worries and increase your wonder.

And if that doesn't, this will...EACH dot in this picture is an entire galaxy. You can read more about this discovery here.

This is a picture of the phylogenic tree of life. Notice the "you are here" in the upper left corner. I'm not going to act like I understand this well enough to explain it to you, but I will tell you that this only shows less than one percent of known species. True story.

Watch this video:

'Nuff said.

You are just a speck. A beautiful, unique, hand-crafted speck.