Remembering God When You're Young

Remembering God When You're Young

Have you been told that you're too young for God to use you?
29

"Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

Have you ever been told that you can't do something simply because you're too young? That you can't have an opinion because you're too young to actually know about certain things? Or that you're not qualified because you're too young to have the experience you might need? Better yet, have you been told that God can't use you because you're just not old enough yet?

I'm calling bluff. There is not a certain age that you have to be in order for God to use you. You don't have to even attain job experience for Him to use you! God can use anyone, anywhere, any time. Maybe you can reach someone that I couldn't and maybe I could reach someone who you can't. And that is what makes the work of God so beautifully amazing! He doesn't require specifications, He doesn't want our resumes, He just wants someone with a willing heart. That's it. He will equip us with the tools that we need in order to do the work for His kingdom. He doesn't care about our age, money or looks, just our hearts. He isn't interested in surface level. He wants to use our hearts to connect to others. How cool is that? He is literally calling and equipping us to be soul changers.

Let's think about the life of Jesus and how He was able to impact people from a young age. He was simply sharing His heart and love for his Father with others. It's that simple. He wasn't doing extravagant things as a child just showing his soul and being willing and honest with others. Of course, God did allow for Jesus to perform miracles during his later years of ministry. But that was His one and only son. Miracles are up to God, not us, which is why it is so important for us to realize what God has called us to do. And what we have been called to do is easy. God has called us to speak faith, truth and love into others by simply sharing His goodness.

So if you think you’re too small to make a difference, believe me you’re not. You’re not too small, too young, too smart, too dull – you’re made beautifully, lovely and wonderfully. God can and will use you. Wherever you are in life, you are not out of His reach. In fact, if you would open your heart even an inch, I guarantee that you would feel Him. He is always near, day or night – rain or shine. Therefore, remember Him. Remember His faithfulness while you are young so that you might fulfill every plan that He has set aside for you. I mean, can you imagine standing before our Almighty God and being able to honestly say, “I used every talent you gave me.” I hope that I can and I truly hope that you can too.

“Remember His covenant forever. The word which He commanded to a thousand generations.” 1 Chronicles 16:15