Relationships And Girl Code

Relationships And Girl Code

It's time for girls to stick together.

261
Relationships And Girl Code
MTV

In my ideal world females would be as nice to each other as they are when they're drunk in the bathroom of the bar. Many of those reading this will know what I mean, but for those who don't, I'll explain. The women's bathroom is like being in the "Twilight Zone." Girls compliment complete strangers on their outfits while making small talk about some guy out on the dance floor. Instantly, best friends for the night are made. It's honestly quite refreshing and a nice change of pace. Why can't we, as females, be like this all of the time to one another? Given you're not going to like every woman you come across, but you can still be civil and friendly. Do you realize how much better a place the world would be? Honestly, it doesn't take much.

Something I strongly believe in is Girl Code. It's something I believe needs to be followed more, respected and cherished. In today's society, where people tend to be more self centered, the idea has become lost. There are many parts to Girl Code, as MTV's hit show will tell you. However, there is a part that I believe in more heavily than the rest and that has to deal with relationships.

Almost every girl is after their "happily ever after." She wants to find the person she'll spend the rest of her life with. Some people want it so bad that they are willing to get in-between another couple for the chance that it may work out. Maybe that's not even the reason why, but instead for the complete opposite reason. They are just selfish and are looking for a little late night fling. I'm telling you, don't be this girl. Seriously, just don't.

Often times when I tell my people my opinion they say, "Well I don't know the girl" or "It's not my issue, it should be up to her boyfriend to stay loyal." That is the issue right there. It's a selfish reasoning and only one that will make you feel better and help justify the wrongdoing. Now maybe it's because I've been the girl who has been cheated on that makes me more opinionated and biased, but truly before you act, think. How would you feel to be the girl at the other end? Why would you want to cause another girl the excruciating heartbreak pain that I'm sure you've felt at least once in your life. For a few hook-ups? Because he's hot? Because you think you can get a relationship out of him? Trust me, you can't.

Their relationship probably won't work out and for good reasons. Anyone who is willing to cheat isn't someone anyone should be with anyways. But have some damn decency. Females need to stick together and follow Girl Code. We need to build each other up not break each other's relationships. I will not even attempt to be with someone who is even "talking" to another girl. Maybe that's a bit extreme, but as I said before, I'm extremely empathetic to this type of situation. There are so many guys out there, why go for one that's taken? Why not just simply be a good, decent human?

Be the girl who walks away, deletes the number and just moves on because it's simply the right thing to do. Be the girl who sleeps with ease at night because she turned down someone who had a girlfriend. Sure, he might cheat anyways with a different girl, but you know what? That girl wasn't you. I believe good things come to those who do the right thing. Something as simple as turning down another male just because it's the right thing to do will make you feel better, I promise. However, if it doesn't, there's a larger issue at hand and you might want to take a step back and look at yourself in the mirror.

I'll leave you with one last piece of advice, live your life like the drunk girl in bar bathroom.

Girl Code.