Why I Relate To Ted Mosby

Why I Relate To Ted Mosby

"My career and love life are going no where."

450

I don't know if you have ever watched "How I Met Your Mother," but it is hands down one of the best television shows I have ever watched. I can't tell you how many times I have re-watched episodes, and yes, I am watching it right now. Ted Mosby is the main character of the show, and the show is based on him telling his kids the story of how he met their mother. One of the main reasons that I love this show so much is that Ted Mosby is so relatable to me.

Here are seven reasons why I relate to Ted Mosby:

1. When Ted's life isn't going as he planned or his relationship didn't work out, he usually blames himself, which is something I tend to do every time something doesn't go my way. This is obviously no way to go about things, but sometimes placing the blame on yourself is the first step to actually figuring out what the real problem is.

2. Ted is such a hopeless romantic and wants to find the one he will spend the rest of his life with, even if that means shutting down the women he knows isn't the one for him. What's the point of being with someone who you have to settle for? I am also a hopeless romantic and I believe in finding "the one" (even though I sometimes act like it doesn't exist). Why waste your time on people who you already know aren't the one for you?

3. We feel the same way about our careers and love life. I graduate in May, and I have absolutely no idea what I am doing after I graduate, nor do I have any internships lined up for me. I am just going to wing it and hopefully it all works out for the best. And my love life and Ted's love life is pretty similar. Only seems to be heartbreak after heartbreak, but one day I hopefully have an incredible story about how I met my future husband (whomever you are).

4. Just like Ted, I have had my share of disappointments when it comes to relationships, but we both understand that it's not because we aren't good enough, but because we haven't been offered enough. We understand that we deserve the best and that the person who broke our heart will regret what they did to us and they will never be as happy as they could have been with us. And for once, you don't place the blame on yourself.

5. Throughout the show, Ted has always had these sappy quotes, but these sappy quotes are what I am all about. Ted's right. Sometimes things have to fall apart in order for better things to come your way. Although it sucks, that's life sometimes. Ted and I both agree.

6. In life there is always those "what ifs". What if it worked out differently and we ended up together. With Ted he sometimes had those "what if" moments in his life, where for a a couple seconds he thought what if things worked out differently for us, if timing was different, and what if I could of been the one to make you happy. I think we all come across these moments in our life. Where you wonder "what if". At least I know I have.

7. Sometimes love doesn't make sense, but Ted and I both agree that that loving someone/being loved by someone else is one of the best things there is in life (other than loving yourself). We shouldn't give up on love just because we have had our heart broken a couple times. The right one will come along when you least expect it, but don't give up on it.