4 Things Every Tourist Should Do In Redmond, Washington

Do to do in a city that is rarely talked about outside of Washington

664
Elizabeth Riik

This is a city that isn’t heard of often in traditional media, but it should be heard of considering it’s almost better than Seattle (its neighbor). With that sentence, this city has big shoes to fill. One wouldn’t get bored walking around this beautiful little town. There are beautiful parks, quirky shops, tasty restaurants and comfy hotels. Even those who like to smoke weed, there are dispensaries. Smoking weed is legal in some places in Washington State (smoke or consume safely). Everyone should come to Redmond, Washington at least once because of all of the activities that can be done.

1. See the beautiful parks.

The parks in Redmond are so beautiful and easily found. If you like nature and beautiful views, then you’ll like the parks. I walk for a living, and I still love to walk around in nature. Especially when the weather is nice, it makes for a beautiful and calming walk. I couldn’t leave my hotel without a jacket or something warm, but it was so worth it. The parks are perfect settings for photo shoots, and what not. I was able to take beautiful shots of my traveling group. I was able to see trees that are a rare sight in Florida except at Christmas! There is a mansion in MaryMoor Park that is used for events, and the grounds are beautiful!

2. Go to some of the quirky shops.

Redmond is a "hipstery" town. The shops have everything from normal merchandise and quirky stuff that you can’t find in Florida. Minus the small mall that Redmond has, Bellevue has more of the shopping scene. If you don’t want to drive or take an uber to Bellevue, you can stay in Redmond because of how eclectic it is. There is a Macy’s in the middle of the mall for all the winter stuff needed. If you are a bookie like I am, there is a second-hand bookshop called “Half-Priced Books”. My best friend and I spent a good part of our trip in there. The store is two floors with the clearance section on the second floor. My best friend was able to find Fifty Shades of Grey for 5$ for the series.

3. Visit their tasty restaurants.

I’ve noticed that one becomes a “foodie” when one comes to Redmond, Washington. There are so many restaurants from trendy bars to family style restaurants. Our first night we went to the Tipsy Cow restaurant. They are known for their burgers, and they are fantastic. My little brother had the “Rock-star” burger. That has deep fried bacon, fried egg and regular toppings. If you want something with more veggies, we went to a Puerto Rican restaurant that has amazing Lentil Soup and great drinks. My group ordered meat and they were all amazing. It’s a win-win situation for groups with mixed food preferences. Since weed is more legal then it is in Florida, there is a shop that you can buy weed made into a treat or regular to roll into a blunt. I’m not into that stuff but I’ve noticed how accepting is about that in Redmond. You also taste the freshness of the food, so that is a win.

4. And stay in one of their comfy hotels.

We stayed at the Residence Inn in the middle of Redmond. The hotel is very spacious and doesn’t look different from any Residence Inn. The employees are so nice and are willing to help with any recommendations or problems with the rooms. The maids are so sweet and were so helpful! The beds were comfortable, and the bedding was changed every day. we believe in cooking since we had a kitchenette. The maids were so patient with our cooking style that it made our stay even better.

This is just a few things that I touched on. There are is a lot more things to do in Redmond. This town isn't mentioned a lot in traditional media. Redmond is part of the list of small towns surrounding the city of Seattle and is by far the prettiest as it comes to nature. All of the towns have their character and charm, but my favorite of the cities I visited is Redmond. Everyone should try and visit this cute town, while they are in Seattle.