I Asked 21 Recent College Grads What They're Most Excited About Post-Graduation

Graduation is more than just a diploma.

52
Graduation

With junior year around the corner, I'm already looking forward to graduating. It might be because studying burns me out, but it's also exciting to think about your future. Like what job will I beg for get? Will I stick with my super hard fun major? Only time will tell. To give me some insight, I decided to ask a few grads from the class of 2018 on what they're most excited about now that they've graduated and their responses are all over the place.

1. "Not waking up for an 8 am, but instead going to work at 10 am."

2. "Leaving all the immaturity and fun that was college and finally working with like-minded, serious people."

3. "Two words: making money."

4. "The job hunt is so fun!" (Sarcasm in case it's hard to detect while reading)

5. "No more studying and homework on top of classes. Once I'm done with work for the day, I'm done with work for the day."

6. "Exploring what I want to do for work."

7. "Getting over the studying phase so I can now settle down with someone and start a family."

8. "I can finally legally drink."

9. "I don't have to depend on my parents anymore." (How are you going to pay that first month of rent though?)

10. "Finding out what adulting means. Like, is it just doing your laundry? Getting married? Who knows?" (Find out if she gets married on next week's episode of Bachelor in Paradise)

11. "Paid vacations."

12. "Leaving all that college stress."

13. "Actually relaxing on the weekends instead of studying for midterms."

14. "It's just a new chapter of my life and I'm super excited to see how it goes."

15. "I never thought I would graduate so I'm just proud of myself for pushing through." (I'm proud of you too!)

16. "Not having to share a room with someone."

17. "Buying my first car."

18. "I don't need to spend money buying textbooks I'll never open."

19. "I can say that I'm a proud alumni! Now I can give high schoolers all the advice they're willing to listen to."

20. "Getting out of the cult which is called a fraternity."

21. "Mama, I made it!"