Recap of Summer Goals.

Recap of Summer Goals.

11
Recap of Summer Goals.
Dreamstime.com

My summer goals were not given enough time to be completed since the summer began in May and I blink away three full months. However, this summer not being everything I had hoped has still been filled with many accomplishments.

1. My first goal this summer was to make enough money to go back to school and be comfortable with. Well I am not making my goal of two thousand dollars, I am still going back with close to that amount. Working over forty hours a week is something that is not easy to do when all I want to do is sleep but I am happy with the amount of money that I am bringing back to school and enjoying that I will not need to work for the first semester at least.
  2. My second goal was the fix my car, making it look better and being able to drive it off to school looking better. Well this summer I am trying to actually sell that car and I bought a totally new car. I learned how to drive a manual and I now am a proud new owner of a honda civic si. Needless to say I am happy with my car purchase and hoping that my old car will sell soon to add to the money I am bringing back to school!
  3. My third goal was to learn how to play the guitar, I bought the guitar in the beginning of summer and I have yet to touch.. Maybe during the school year I will be able to pick it up when I have time.
  4. My goals four and five go together, four was to take road trips and since I could not do that I took it to another level and skipped studying abroad which was goal five and actually booked a month long trip to London and Ireland. So winter break I will be skipping Christmas and New Nears and I will be roaming around London and Ireland taking in the sights and relaxing before another stressful semester

6. Changing my lifestyle into eating healthier and working out was my sixth goal and well I got a gym membership and have been going I do not love working out like many people do. I personally am waiting for someone to come up with an app for me to use to pick how I want to look, no working out needed! I might need to wait awhile for that.. But the food part is getting better. Working in fast food is hard not to eat there for lunch but making better choices is becoming easier as well as I mostly just eat my weight in rice.

7. I have never been good at loving myself and although I am happy with my choices this summer and have worked to better myself and push myself forward there are many more steps I need to take to love myself more and honestly I am not there yet and that is okay. I will continue working on it through the year and I am sure longer than that.

8. I ended friendships this summer, I built stronger ones and I focused on myself and getting my life together for the next upcoming year. I know the summer for most people is about having fun and relaxing but I am not one of those people. Not having a ton of friends this summer has allowed me to work on myself and I have all year to work harder, relax when I need to and enjoy my actual friends back at school.

It is okay that I did not finish everything I wanted to do this summer, and I will have a lot more summers to do everything I need and want to do. There is only twelve days until move in day and I am so happy for summer to be over so I can get back to my life at school. Everyone always says to build a life you don’t need a vacation from and I have finally done that.