Why I Write

Why I Write

It's more than just a hobby

3
Why I Write

For as long as I can remember, I have loved to write. I would open a blank word document and just start typing. I would type whatever came to mind. This has always been something that I enjoyed doing in my free time. For a while, I thought about going to school for creative writing, but I decided not to. I didn’t want to ruin the magic of writing. I was worried that I would get sick of it. Instead, I continued to write for fun. I enjoy writing about whatever topic comes to mind, whether it be fashion, music, travel, friends, or anything else I can think of. It’s an incredible feeling and one that can turn any bad day around.

Sometimes writing can be hard. I can face writer’s block and the struggle of not having anything to write about. I can stare at a blank document for hours and still have no idea what I want to say. It always leads to a moment of panic where I worry that I have nothing to write about. But once I figure it out, it’s the best feeling. I end up being able to write something that I feel good about, something that I’m proud of, and overall something that I enjoy reading. It may be difficult at first, but it always ends up being worth it.

Writing is the perfect form of self-expression and creativity. It’s a way for me to express my thoughts and to have my voice be heard. There is something so freeing about putting my thoughts and ideas onto paper. I am able to relax and just write whatever is in my mind. It’s a way to release my mind from the stress of schoolwork.

It may not always be the easiest to just sit down and write, but it always ends up being worth it. Writing takes my mind off of school for a while and I always feel proud of the work I’ve created. I love to write and I don’t think my love for it will ever die.