10 Reasons Why I Wished I Lived In The 80s

The ten reasons why I'd rather be living in the 1980s.

291
Gerard Petrozziello

If I had a time machine, or maybe just a DeLorean and a flux capacitor, my first stop would be the 1980s! The pop culture of the time period was untouchable, and almost everyone who lived through it would tell you life was just a little bit better. Here are the reasons why I wish I could have been around for it all.

1. Fashion was at its peak.

Shoulder pads, leg warmers, and bright colors! Say what you want about 80s fashion, but you have to admit, it's pretty fun!

2. Some of the best movies ever made.

There are so many that it's hard to keep track, but just imagine being able to watch those iconic films in theaters!

3. Great music.

Back when people bought actual albums and turning on the radio was equivalent to passing the aux.

4. MTV was still a thing.

Thanks a lot YouTube!

5. Kids actually went outside.

You left on your bike in the morning and came back before the sun went down.

6. Arcades were still around.

Like Fortnite but better.

7. Awesome TV shows.

SNL was actually funny and all of The Golden Girls were still around.

8. You had to talk face to face.

Before social media made us antisocial, people actually knew how to hold conversations with each other!

9. Wild hair.

Some of the most iconic hairstyles came from the 80s. The bigger the hair, the better!

10. The only phone you had was a landline.

If you wanted to talk to someone, you had to call them!