4 Reasons Why I Love My Band Family

4 Reasons Why I Love My Band Family

Thank you for making my college experience amazing and for exceeding my expectations.

96

Hello band,

Thank you so much for everything you have done. The moment I walked into Lilly Hall 112, I knew that this was my home and I was going to meet some incredible people. As the season went on, it was all more than that. You became my family and made my transition to college so much better.

1. Thank you for a very successful band camp.

Reflecting on previous band camps from high school, I honestly was hesitant about band camp in college. I remember those long days being out in the 90-degree weather for 8 hours and feeling like I was dying. This band camp was different. It was easier in a way. Band camp went by quickly and meeting so many people before everyone else came onto campus made a positive impact.

2. Thank you for welcoming me with open arms.

Ever since that very first day, everyone has been incredible. What makes it unique is that everyone genuinely loves band and cheering for the athletic teams. I'm used to people dreading to go to rehearsals and games but here, everyone gets excited for these events which makes the energy so high.

3. Thank you for the football games.

Even though I was in marching band during high school, I was really nervous for the football games, especially the first one. Everyone made the games so memorable and I loved having a day where I could focus on something else besides school work. The people in my section specifically helped me gain confidence throughout the whole season.

4. Thank you for your wonderful advice and for always being there.

Every person in the band is so open and are willing to help others. I have gone to a few people for advice and just someone to talk to. Whether it was about friendships or declaring my major, they were always there to get me through it all. The band is a huge support system and I think that's what makes it a community and family. I love you all and go dawgs! :)