5 Reasons to Watch 'Schitt's Creek'

Once and while a show comes around that just includes all the best things. Outrageous and funny characters, cute relationships, good character development, and fantastic writing. "Schitt's Creek" has all those parts that contribute to what makes a show great. Starting the show, one can't help progressing until there are no more episodes left. Reasons to binge are large, but here are the best five reasons.

1. The cast is hysterical.

The series starts out with a very wealthy family, a video store owner, and soap-opera star, falling from their fortunes and getting stuck in a middle of nowhere town. They then have to acclimate from living a life of private jets and privileged life to living out of a motel in a town called Schitt's Creek. They each have their quirks and each are funny in different ways. Every episode has you laughing at some dumb thing Alexis said or a witty come back from David.

2. Moira's outrageous outfits.

Moira never dresses lazy or half-assed. She constantly wears outrageous and outlandish outfits that have her standing out among the town. From extravagant dresses to crazy fur hats, she always has some crazy get up that bound to keep the show interesting.

3. It's created by a father and son.

Father and son Daniel and Eugene Levy write, produce, and act in this show together. They then play son and father on the show as well. Their dynamic is evident on the screen, where they connect and bring in others to create the funny Rose family.

4. David and Patrick are adorable.

One of the main couples in the show, David and Patrick are a cute couple that grows a lot throughout the series. They go from being business partners to real-life partners. They help each other with their problems, whether with David's fear of seriousness and commitment and Patrick's newness with dating men. They have downright adorable scenes in the show involving romantic gestures and just thoughtful connections. They support and love each other in such a wonderful and adorable way you can't help but not want to watch their relationship.

5. Great character development.

Mega-wealthy people with no regard to consequences learn that its good to put in hard work, find a passion, and understand what it means to be proud of yourself. All the characters have such interesting development throughout the seasons. They learn more about themselves, strive to be better people, and actually have regard to others. Characters outside of the family develop greatly too, from Stevie and her successful motel to Patrick and accepting his sexuality. No one is one dimensional on the show and although the characters can sometimes come across dumb or petty, they each grow in their own ways.