10 Reasons That Will Convince You To Study Abroad

Pack your bags, adventure awaits.

17
StockSnap

The opportunity to study abroad is truly one hell of an opportunity. No matter where you go choose to travel, whether it's eating gelato in Italy or backpacking across Australia, you will learn more in one semester than you would in four years of college without studying abroad. Twenty years from now, you will look back on your journey around the world with nothing but happiness and thankfulness that you took the leap of faith and just went for it. If you are still not sure whether studying abroad is the path for you, here are ten reasons why you should definitely consider it:

1. Crossing off “world traveler"

If your bucket list is anything like mine, becoming a world traveler is high up on it. Although studying abroad limits you to residing in just one country, weekend trips are extremely easy to take advantage of. For instance, if you study abroad in Italy, the rest of Europe is just waiting for you to explore it!

2. Becoming worldly

Every country in the world has different cultures, languages, and customs. History class may have given us a sneak peak into what other countries are like, but actually traveling abroad will let you experience it all first hand.

3. Experiencing breathtaking views

Are you tired of just seeing views from all over the world as just pictures? The beautiful plains in Ireland and the gorgeous sunsets in Greece are calling your name! There’s nothing like seeing a breathtaking landscape in person and studying abroad places those opportunities right in front of you.

4. Trying a new cuisine

Maybe you have ventured to Chinatown or Little Italy, but have you ever tasted food from China or Italy?! As a fellow foodie, trying new foods from all over the world is a huge advantage of studying abroad. Get your taste buds ready!

5. Creating new friendships

Studying abroad takes Pen Pals to a whole new level. Once you come back from your adventure, you will not only bring back memories but new friendships with people from all around the world.

6. Expanding your entertainment repertoire

Whether it’s attending soccer games in England or operas in Australia, studying abroad will enable you to dive completely into other country’s cultures. Events like Oktober Fest and the Carnival of Venice will truly contribute to your once in a lifetime experience.

7. Learning a new language

Not only will you come back from studying abroad as a world traveler, but you will also come back bilingual! Living in another country for a whole semester will enable you to immerse yourself in a different culture, including learning and assimilating to a new language.

8. Developing new interests

Studying abroad will bring out something new in you. Maybe simply taking pictures of the landmarks like the Eiffel Tower can transform into a deep passion for photography or going wine tours will turn you into a wine connoisseur! You’ll never know your hidden talents until you jump into an experience like this.

9. Going outside your comfort zone

While abroad, do some things that will truly make your trip unforgettable. Whether it’s sky diving or snorkeling, make sure to take advantage of every opportunity you get. After all, studying abroad will go down in the books as one of the coolest experiences you have ever had.

10. Appreciating home more than ever

Although you never want to be home sick, being away from home in another country for a whole semester will make you appreciate where you come from more. Sharing your stories and incredible memories will be an amazing feeling but returning home and reuniting with your family will be even better. Throughout your once in a lifetime journey around the world, never forget where you come from. Even if France becomes your “second home” someday, your family will always be your true home.