7 Reason Dating A Country Boy Is Better
relationships

7 Reasons Dating A Country Boy Is Better Than Dating Any Other Boy

I'm sorry to all the other boys out there, but I'll be sticking with my country boy.

5922
Alyssa Owings

Call me biased if you want, but I think that country boys (specifically the southern ones) are the BEST men out there. Granted, I've been dating mine for seven years, and I think he's incredible, so maybe I just found a good one. But let me be the first to tell you if you've never dated a good ol' country boy, that there are so many things that make them special and make them the kind of guy that you're going to wish would put a ring on it.

From their politeness to the way they treat their mama, there are so many reasons that a southern boy is one you should keep around:

1. They're polite

They say please and thank you, hold doors open for you and everyone else, and they say "mam" and "sir." They have better manners than your average boy.

2. The accents

Don't get me wrong, I love Scottish and English accents more than you know, but there is just something about a man saying, "Yes mam, I'm doin' aiight, how y'all been?" that gets me. Sorry, but it's not up for debate. Have yourself a chat with a country boy from the south and try not to swoon because I bet you won't be able to.

3. They're protective

A country boy is going to protect you no matter what. Whether it be from someone saying something wrong about you or during a scary movie, he's going to be there to wrap his strong arms around you and tell you that everything will be alright.

4. They're (usually) THICK

Listen. I know we all have our types and our preferences. But from what I've seen, and using my boyfriend as an example, country boys are thick in the best ways possible. A lot of times, and don't ask me why because I have no idea, they're fit while still having big shoulders and arms and big hands (I have a thing for hands, @ me).

I'm sorry, but I like my men thick. If they can use it as an adjective for us, ladies, we can say it about them, too.

5. They know how to have fun

I've been on some crazy adventures with my country boy. They want to hunt, fish, ride four wheelers, go mudding, go to the racetrack, go hiking, have a bonfire, etc. They want to get dirty and have fun while doing it (please excuse the innuendo).

6. They love their families and their friends

County boys are ones you can honestly think about one day settling down and having a family with because relationships are so vital to them. Traditions and gatherings are important to them and something they frequent. They're also ALWAYS there to step up when they need to be, and they're willing to do anything for someone they care about.

7. They love their mamas.

And let's not forget the one of the most important parts; their mamas have taught them respect and how to love you.