13 Reasons To Be Thankful For Your Family, Friends And Dog
Thanksgiving

Family, friends, and none other than the wonderful dogs themselves!

16
Beth Parker

So I'm sure if you read the title of this article you either questioned it or laughed at it. Either way, I'm sure you'll understand a little more as you read on.

Savannah Wallace

1. They care about you

Your friends and family vocally share they care about you. They probably tell you every time you do something that could injure you how much they care and wish you wouldn't do that, right? Have you ever thought about how much your dogs care about you? They literally will attack someone if they think they're attempting to hurt you. Is that not great?!

2. They support you

You can do just about anything, and your friends and family will still try their best to support you in it. Your dogs are always a little more enthusiastic to support you, though, especially when it involves them!

3. They're there for you during the bad times

Your family and friends are always there when life's not going right, and most of the time they're helpful. Your dogs are always helpful, though. They will literally be at your side 24/7 until you feel better.

4. You're never alone

This could be good or bad, but for right now we're going to view it as good. Even if your friends and family are busy, your dog is always ready to sit with you!

5. They're there for you during the good times

When everything's going right, your friends and family are there to congratulate you and make you feel proud. Your dogs are always right there wagging their tails at how extremely happy you are with life.

6. They teach you right from wrong

Your parents especially teach you wrong from right, but your dogs also teach you what's right and wrong to do towards them. If you hear a growl, you're wrong. You'd better back away. If they wag their tail, you're right. Keep petting them.

7. You can learn different things from them

Everyone can teach you something if you just pay attention to it. Dogs are number one at teaching you how to love unconditionally. There is nothing better than learning how to love unconditionally!

8. Endless love

Family and friends will love you, even when you don't deserve it. Dogs, as noticed in reason 7, love unconditionally and will show you that love every day. Even on your worst days, a dog can always cheer you up with love.

9. They provide smiles

Ok this one just goes all around for all 3. Everyone and everything can provide smiles.

10. They provide laughter

The right people can always make you laugh. They know just the right buttons to cause it. Most of the time it's friends or family that can do that. A dog will do some of the craziest things to make it's owner laugh as well.

11. There's always a shoulder to cry on

When it comes to friends and family, you almost always have someone you can confide in and go to when you need a crying shoulder. Even better, your dog will sit there with you until you stop crying, constantly trying to cheer you up, and letting you use them as a pillow!

12. They've helped you become who you are

This says enough in itself about friends and family, they helped mold you. Dogs also manage to squeeze in there and help. Think about how kind you became thanks to your dog, or how much more loving you've grown.

13. They motivate you

Your friends and family are some of your biggest motivators. They encourage you in school, contests, sporting events, etc. Dogs are also always cheering you on and hoping you do your best, because they want you happy.