Do family gatherings frighten you? Do your family members make you question every choice you've ever made? Do you enjoy alcohol? If so, there's a solution for you on how to survive the ~holidays~. Spoiler alert: it's alcohol. But not your usual drinking-away-your-sorrows type of drinking. Oh, no, it's drinking in a game form. This is better because, one: it's less depressing, and two: drinking every time a relative asks you an over-personal question will prevent you from having to answer.
Here's how to play:
1. Take a sip every time someone undermines your major
Family member: "So.....you're an....art major??"
2. Finish your drink every time there's a debate over politics
I'll agree with whatever you're saying if you pass the damn mash potatoes.
3. Take a sip every time a relative insist on kissing your cheek
So. much. lipstick. on. my. cheek.
4. Take a sip every time someone pats their stomach and says they're "stuffed"
Wow...I would've never guessed you were full after eating 12 casseroles.
5. Take a sip every time someone asks "How are you?" in a high voice
*in a high voice* "I'm good. How are you?!"
6. Finish your drink every time someone "discreetly" brags about themselves
Or just keep drinking until they finally stop.
7. Take a sip every time someone talks over you
If I actually took a sip every time someone talked over me at family gatherings, I would evolve into an actual bottle of wine.
8. Take a shot every time someone asks how you're doing in school
Well, Aunt Jen, I can no longer feel any emotion and I may be failing....but this green bean casserole is amazing.
9. Take a sip anytime there's an awkward pause
Rule clarification: the sip has to last as long as the pause does.
10. Take a sip every time someone insists on taking a picture
Rule clarification: Take baby sips because this will probably happen a lot.
11. Take a shot every time someone asks when you're graduating
I feel attacked by this question.
12. Take a sip every time someone asks about what you plan on doing after graduation
I feel VERY attacked by this question.