How To Play Dranksgiving, The Thanksgiving Drinking Game
Thanksgiving

'Dranksgiving': The Drinking Game That Will Help You Survive The Holidays

Take a shot every time a relative makes you uncomfortable.

103
Madison McNulty

Do family gatherings frighten you? Do your family members make you question every choice you've ever made? Do you enjoy alcohol? If so, there's a solution for you on how to survive the ~holidays~. Spoiler alert: it's alcohol. But not your usual drinking-away-your-sorrows type of drinking. Oh, no, it's drinking in a game form. This is better because, one: it's less depressing, and two: drinking every time a relative asks you an over-personal question will prevent you from having to answer.

Here's how to play:

1. Take a sip every time someone undermines your major

Family member: "So.....you're an....art major??"

2. Finish your drink every time there's a debate over politics

I'll agree with whatever you're saying if you pass the damn mash potatoes.

3. Take a sip every time a relative insist on kissing your cheek

So. much. lipstick. on. my. cheek.

4. Take a sip every time someone pats their stomach and says they're "stuffed"

Wow...I would've never guessed you were full after eating 12 casseroles.

5. Take a sip every time someone asks "How are you?" in a high voice

*in a high voice* "I'm good. How are you?!"

6. Finish your drink every time someone "discreetly" brags about themselves

Or just keep drinking until they finally stop.

7. Take a sip every time someone talks over you

If I actually took a sip every time someone talked over me at family gatherings, I would evolve into an actual bottle of wine.

8. Take a shot every time someone asks how you're doing in school

Well, Aunt Jen, I can no longer feel any emotion and I may be failing....but this green bean casserole is amazing.

9. Take a sip anytime there's an awkward pause

Rule clarification: the sip has to last as long as the pause does.

10. Take a sip every time someone insists on taking a picture

Rule clarification: Take baby sips because this will probably happen a lot.

11. Take a shot every time someone asks when you're graduating

I feel attacked by this question.

12. Take a sip every time someone asks about what you plan on doing after graduation

I feel VERY attacked by this question.