5 Reasons I Love Saint Paddy's Day

5 Reasons I Love Saint Paddy's Day

It's not just the drinks.

12
5 Reasons I Love Saint Paddy's Day

1. Pittsburgh's Saint Patrick's Day Parade

Every year my family and I go to the parade, sneak in a 6-pack and snacks and cheer on all the Irish dancers. The bagpipes scream for two hours and we paint green shamrocks on each other's faces. It's great.

2. Parties!

I actually don't know of any here at the College yet but I came prepared with my bright shamrock leggings. My fam back home is having a party over spring break though and I can't wait to see everyone from home dance to Irish folk music and drink too much whiskey.

3. Food

Everything is green, everything is mint. Mint is literally my favorite year-round - but in all of March it is so much easier to find a mint shake. I LOVE GREEN. I LOVE MINT. Ahh. Breugger's bagels make these adorable festive bagels, so fresh and so festive.

4. Spring Break

Spring breeeeeak! I get to see my baby puppy and cat and put unnecessary green hair accessories on them. Trust me, they love it. I'll also get to go get shamrock shakes with my loved ones and not have to worry about chemistry or calculus.

5. Irish Pride

I am so freaking white, and I have a lot of German and Irish ancestry. I am the third generation since my fam immigrated so everyone still gets pumped for celebrating Irish culture and pumping those traditional jams.

Have fun and stay safe this St. Paddy's Day!