Why I Have A Love-Hate Relationship With Shonda Rhimes

Why do you have to toy with me so much, Shonda?

123
http://www.funbuzztime.com/11-times-greys-anatomy-was-too-much-to-handle/

What comes to mind when I hear the name Shonda Rhimes ? Probably the most phenomenal creative writer known to man. (Yes, she is that freaking awesome!) I am a huge fan of her hit show "Grey's Anatomy," so yeah, most of my reasoning as to why I love and hate Shonda is because of this show.

One thing I will never get over is Mark Sloan (McSteamy) and Lexie Grey. Mark had a big reputation of sleeping around, and young Grey was just something he couldn’t have. Eventually, they did end up together but not as anyone would have imagined—they were head over heels for each other. Mark wanted to commit so quickly, and Lexi just wasn’t ready. Then we spent episodes after episodes watching Lexi be heartbroken over Mark until she had a better idea and got into a rebound relationship. (Big no-no, girl!) She watched her boyfriend and her ex-boyfriend become best friends. Then, young Grey finally confessed her love to Mark after she realizes she might lose him for good. We all knew they loved each other and belonged together. So yes, we were happy for literally one episode.

Lexi and Mark unfortunately get into a plane crash! (A plane crash! Are you kidding me?!) Lexi is literally being crushed by a part of the plane that landed on her when Mark finds her. Mark holds Lexi’s hand in her last moments as he finally confesses his love for her and tells her how they are going to grow old together and have a family. They were supposed to end up together! (Seriously, Shonda, seriously?!) An episode later, Mark also dies after he was no longer was on life support.

Everyone remembers Denny Duquette, the funny cheesy patient waiting for a heart and Izzy Stevens, the intern who fell in love with him. Izzy would have done anything for him and she did. She cut his LVAD wire to be able to get him bumped up on the heart transplant list, risking her whole career, and it worked. Denny with a brand new heart asked Izzy to marry him, and she said yes. Their love story was one of a kind.

Then here comes Shonda once again, messing with our emotions. Izzy comes back to the hospital after getting all dolled up for Denny to find him lying there dead. Not wanting to leave his side, she had to be picked up by and carried out of the room. The most painful part of all is when she spends a whole day laying on the bathroom floor with her pink dress on. Now, that killed me—it was just so heartbreaking to watch.

Now let's go back to the beginning, where it all started. Just a boy and a girl at a bar. Yes, I am talking about Meredith and Derek, the power couple of the show. They have literally been through it all, each almost dying about five times through the whole series. They built their dream house together, got married on a Post-it note, adopted baby Zola and eventually had two more kids. We all watched their love grow for 12 seasons. For us fans, it was like we knew everything there was to know about Mer and McDreamy.

You would never think Shonda would kill off one of the main characters of the show. Nope, wrong again. After Derek saves about five people's lives, he gets hit by a truck! Mer was all alone and had to pull the plug on her husband. McDreamy was no longer with us and man, did it hurt.

All three of these moments still have me lying on the bathroom floor, Shonda, just like Izzy. Shonda killed off McDreamy and McSteamy. (Once again, I ask why?!) Yet, I am grateful Shonda still has a handful of hot doctors still on the show. Even though Shonda sometimes emotionally destroys me, I keep coming back for more. We all still do because you have to admit, she is incredible.