I made the decision to attempt to become fluent in Spanish once I started college. As my first semester comes to a close, I have grown more and more excited about the idea of fully understanding this beautiful language! Here is why I have decided to learn Spanish!

1. The history 

media.giphy.com

The history behind the Spanish language is deep and rich! By learning the language, it is easier for me to understand the history behind it.

2. It's a beautiful language 

media.giphy.com

If you've ever heard a native speaker, you know that Spanish is beautiful and unique!

3. Learning a language makes you smarter 

media.giphy.com

It's a proven fact that learning multiple languages challenges your brain and in turn makes you smarter!

4. The world is changing 

media.giphy.com

The world is changing every single day, by learning other languages it is easier to adapt to these changes.

5. Language opens doors

media.giphy.com

Language opens so many doors. Learning Spanish teaches me more about my own language too and connects me to so many more people.

6. You become more valuable 

media.giphy.com

Employers are looking to hire those who speak multiple languages. By learning Spanish, you make yourself that much more valuable in the work place.

7. You can speak to more of the world 

media.giphy.com

Learning Spanish allows you to communicate with millions and millions more people worldwide. That's pretty awesome.

8. It's exciting 

media.giphy.com

Learning a language is exciting and rewarding! Especially when you master a concept!

9. Teach future generations 

media.giphy.com

If you learn a language, you can teach it to your children and make future generations more knowledgable of the world around us! That's pretty cool!

10. Language is understanding 

media.giphy.com

At the end of the day, language is understanding. By understanding one another, we can make strides together to make the world a better place.