10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN PHI DELTA EPSILON

Phi Delta Epsilon International Medical Fraternity creates physicians of integrity with a lifelong commitment to our guiding principles of philanthropy, deity, and education through fellowship, service, mentoring, and formal training in leadership, science, and ethics.

5592
Raquel A

At a very early age, I develop this deep desire of becoming a physician, the older I got the more I wanted that. When I moved to the U.S from Haiti, I thought going to Medical School was the same as Haiti. In Haiti, after high school you can technically go to Medical school, but not here. After I found out that I needed to spend 4 years in college majoring in Biology or Chemistry(which isn't true, you can major in anything) so I could take my MCAT, I wasn't too happy about that but I was like it's fine 4 years will get here in no time. That is all I knew about being a pre-Med ( to learn more about being a pre-med click here). After I joined PhiDE, I was like where have you been all my life.

Phi Delta Epsilon International Medical Fraternity creates physicians of integrity with a lifelong commitment to our guiding principles of philanthropy, deity, and education through fellowship, service, mentoring, and formal training in leadership, science, and ethics. Yes, we stand for just that which is why I am going to tell you a few more reasons why you should rush for PHIDE.

1. It is co-ed.

2. We push each other to succeed.

3. You are surrounded by people that have the same passion as you.

4. You create lifetime friendships.

6. You get to know what Medical School requires of you.

7. You get a lot of opportunities.

8. You get a 10% discount from Kaplan.

9. You are never alone in your struggles.

10. You stay informed.

After thinking of all the reasons I think someone should join PhiDE, I feel like it wasn't enough. So, I asked my fellow fraters about their personal experiences, see what they had to say.

Natalie Smith (Phi Delta Epsilon- Florida Alpha former president): my whole college experience has involved PhiDE because of it I have explored why I want to be a doctor, rather than just simply knowing that I want to be a doctor. I have been challenged through PhiDE socially, emotionally and academically but the personal growth that I have experienced from it all has made it worthwhile.

Like the other pre-medical organizations on campus, we offer the basic shadowing, community service, research opportunities. What sets us apart, however, is our philanthropy, Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, and how dependable our members are. The friendships that I have gained through this organization, I can see lasting a lifetime.

I have never seen so many driven people as I have in PhiDE anywhere else. A medical school with PhiDE members isn’t just “the goal,” it’s a rest stop to the final goal, becoming a physician of integrityyyyyyyyy! 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

PhiDE love forever,

Megan Michel (Phi Delta Epsilon- Florida Alpha VP of Programming 2018): PhiDE is a support system like no other. The ability to have a people who know almost exactly what you’re going through and be willing to be there for you, pick you up when you’re down, encourage and listen to all your problems and worries without judgment is something that is really special.

The fact that I feel like I can walk up to anyone in PhiDE and ask for advice or help no matter how close of friends we are is what makes us so different from other organizations. No matter the differences, we are always there for each other. PhiDE helped me grow in all the best ways, not just academically but as a person and I couldn’t be more thankful.

If you are a pre-med or know a pre-med, visit Phide.org to see if your school has a chapter. If you go to Florida International University click here to learn more about us.

I really hope you get to join this wonderful organization; I can guarantee you that you will not regret it.

Xoxo,

DD

NS

MM