3 Reasons Why It's Important To Go Home

3 Reasons Why It's Important To Go Home

College is tough, and we need to take a break and to go home every once in awhile.
210

As soon as we turned eighteen, we were ready to leave home. We could not wait to get out the door and head into the real world -- or at least the college world. However, college is tough and we rarely get time to breathe, so every now and then it's important and healthy to go home. Don't get me wrong, we don't need to pack up and hit the road every weekend because that is unhealthy, but we do need to visit our parents every once in awhile for their benefit and ours. Here a few reasons to help us hit the trail and head home.

1. To Take a Break

It is important to take a break, and what better way to take one then to go home. If your family is anything like mine, your parents will cook for you or take you out to eat, so it's a nice break from fast food and microwave dinners. It is also a great break from the fast pace of college life. Between school, rowing and friends I am constantly going, whether it is to classes, practices or hangouts. So, going home gives me a chance to sit back and relax with my family.

2. To Get Out of a Stressful Environment

Sometimes just getting out of Gainesville can relieve some of my stress, so going home is the perfect way to get out of a stressful environment and give myself room to breathe. I also love being at home. It is one of my happy places, so it is nice to sit at home for a bit and feel removed from the hype and craziness of college. I don't know if it's the familiarity of my room or the coziness of a house well lived in, but it just feels right to be home.

3. To See Our Family

My family was always there for me growing up and made me the woman I am today. It is important that I go back every once in awhile to let them know that I am alive and doing well, but also because I miss them. I know it makes my mom feel better when I am in the same city as her and when she can give me a big hug, so I make sure I come back when I get the chance. I also have the most adorable little cousins, and I love getting to hang out with them.