20 Reasons Why It's Important To Be Single

All the single ladies! All the single ladies!

174

I have a confession. And it's kind of ironic, especially because I'm writing an article about the importance of being single...I'm in a relationship. Some may think, "Why is she writing about the perks of being single?" Well, friends, because being single helped me figure myself out so that I was ready for a relationship. Here are 20 reasons it's important to be single.

1. You can have the whole bed to yourself.

Enough said. Get in the middle of the bed, stretch yourself out, and enjoy the freedom!

2. It's your choice of movie, all the time.

No more compromising on movie night -- the choice is all yours!

3. It's fun!

Not that being in a relationship isn't, but you get the idea.

4. You can do whatever you want.

You can hang out with whoever and go wherever. The sky's the limit!

5. You can do whoever you want.

It's a personal choice, but you can explore different things you weren't able to before.

6. Or you can just be alone.

Or... just be as single as a pringle! You don't need no man/woman!

7. Going out with friends and not have to 'check in' with anyone.

Texting someone at one a.m. checking in to make sure you're ok can get a little tedious.

8. Really focus on friendships and family.

Now that there's more free time, you can focus more on friendships and let them flourish! Or spend more quality time with the fam.

9. Meeting new people.

When you're on your own, you can talk to whoever you want, with no fear of your boyfriend/girlfriend getting jealous.

10. You save money!

No more expensive dates or dinners for two.

11. It can be girls night every night.

12. You can be selfish.

This is the time to be selfish and only think about yourself, put your wants and needs first!

13. You realize you shouldn't settle for someone who doesn't deserve you.

Being single can make you realize what a person is worth and how no one should settle for less.

14. Having time to reflect.

Reflect on past decisions and relationships; figure out what needs to stay the same or change. If you have time to reflect, you can change and grow as a person.

15. Spending quality time with yourself (Netflix).

And of course, this is the perfect time to binge watch Netflix.

16. Relationships won't be taken for granted.

Good morning texts are pretty awesome when you haven't had them for a while.

17. Taking your time to figure out what you want to do with your life.

This is the time to figure out what your next move is! You can apply for a dream job or even move somewhere else and not have to worry about anyone.

18. You have time to really focus on yourself.

You can be your top priority again, perfect time to focus, and take care of yourself.

19. It prepares you to be independent.

Being single helps you depend on yourself, not someone else.

20. Being single helps you figure out who you are.

When you're really on your own you can take the time to figure out yourself, and discover who you are. Then, when it's time to get into a relationship, you are secure in who you are, and will end up being a better partner.

After all that being said, it's amazing being in a relationship. However, I don't think I'd feel this way if I hadn't taken the time to be ok with being alone and be a single lady.