3 Reasons Why Having A Way Younger Sibling Is Great

It's better than you might think.

75
AliExpress

Some people think it may be difficult to have a younger sibling join the picture when you’re already an adult yourself. However, the reality is that it is actually one of the best things that can happen in your life. When I was in high school, I had a few friends who were having younger siblings and I would wonder about the age difference. When my dad and stepmom told me they were expecting, I was overjoyed, but nervous at the same time.

If you’re in this situation–or one similar–I am here to tell you three reasons why it can possibly be the best time of your life.

1. You get to watch your parents “start all over” again.

This is great, because you always wonder what they were like when you were a child. The difference this time, though, is that they're not in their 20s anymore, and they more than likely have gained patience over the years. You get to see their eyes light up when your sibling does something as simple as stand up or high five you. You also are able to learn from the love they exemplify, and see in a minuscule way how the Lord loves you.

2. You get your “baby fix” whenever you want.

If you’re like me, you love to be around babies, and you’re excited for the day that you are a parent. I would babysit, but I always wanted to be around the babies for more than an hour every few weeks. Having a younger sibling at home not only creates that environment, but it also can show you how difficult living with a baby really is. I definitely underestimated everything that went into having a baby and how it really changes the parents’ lives from ever being focused on them.

3. Laughter is a constant theme of your household.

This may not always be the case during the first year, but after that time passes, your younger sibling becomes a ball of energy and silliness. Once most of the “firsts” are over, everything they do wrong is hilarious. They begin to walk, and not only is it adorable, but it is sure to make you laugh. They also begin to talk–that is one of the best things ever.

Overall, the benefits to having a much younger sibling definitely outweigh any downfalls. Well, that proved to be true in my case. Every family and situation are different, but I definitely recommend going into the situation with a positive mindset and looking forward to the experience.