What It's Really Like Losing A Parent

What It's Really Like Losing A Parent

Losing a parent is something that cannot be summed up into just one word.
104

Summing it up into one word I would say that it is hard. But, losing a parent is something that cannot be summed up into just one word.

Losing a parent is like feeling like there is a piece of you missing. Going through the loss is one of the worst things to ever go through in the world, but dealing with it every day after is just as hard. Losing a parent makes you feel like it will never get easier, like you will always feel the way you did when you first lost them. Losing a parent just sucks. Sometimes when you lose someone you cannot even figure out the words to say and that's how it is when you lose a parent.

When you lose a parent, it stings a little when someone says, "so when will I meet your parents?" or anything about parents together. The sting doesn't get any better with time. Losing a parent is scary. Losing a parent is something I don't want other people to go through because I know how it feels. Losing a parent is like losing a piece of you, a piece you love dearly, but can no longer have physically.

Losing a parent is like shredding your whole world apart. Losing a parent is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy because it is as bad as it seems, it is worse. Losing a parent is hard, losing a parent sucks, and sometimes nobody really understands what you are going through. When you lose a parent you lose someone that you love, someone you trust and rely on, someone who loved you unconditionally, someone who would do anything for you no matter what. When you lose a parent you lose one of your best friends and a little piece of yourself to go along with them.

When it comes to losing a parent there is no wrong way to explain the way you feel. Even after time, there is still no wrong way to explain it. Everyone handles loss differently and that is OK.