The Realization that "Everything Does Happen For a Reason"

When you look back on your life today in 10 years, what decisions shaped you?

59

If you ever asked me what is one thing I have always believed in, it would be God. If you ever asked me on the other hand what is one thing I live by, I would say "Everything happens for a reason." I always say it and I wear it on my wrist (thank you @LifeToken !!) As many times as we may say this and convince ourselves it's true, and even I'm guilty of this, we find ourselves conflicted, questioning why things happen all the time when we hit an obstacle without realizing that all these small obstacles add up to a big picture.

The thing is we don't know what the big picture is yet. Everyday is made up of moments that add up to something bigger. So why are we always questioning it, when we can just live it.

I want you to think back on when you were younger. Like really young, in kindergarten playing House or 7 Up, and when the age you're at now seemed SO FAR AWAY. Time flies when you're having fun doesn't it? But the small things you wondered about back then that created who you are now seem minuscule don't they. But back then, you questioned LITERALLY everything! You questioned why you had to put on your velcro shoes (What a blessing), why you couldn't walk to school alone, you even questioned why you couldn't swim in the fountain in Disney World (Just kidding, only me)!

All these small things you questioned in your life, added up to be who you are now, and created memories. So think about what your life is going to be like in 5 years, or 10 years from now looking back on yourself now. What memories are you going to share?

Are any of the things you question really that big, or will you look back and see how they shaped you? (except tequila, tequila doesn't shape you)

There comes a time when you realize, people are going to walk out of your life. People you didn't expect and people you DID expect. People are going to hurt you. The last people you would expect to hurt you, and it's going to suck. But what you gain from pain and heartache are lessons. They teach you to be stronger, to grow, and to move on. It might not feel great, but you're on a journey and if they don't need you in their life, that's their loss. They can come to terms with that later, but staying on a path is what life is all about. If it wasn't meant to be, it wouldn't happen.

But in your life, you're also going to meet people who come into your life and help you on your journey. Even if you feel broken down at times, these people will understand you, know how to put a smile on your face, always be there for you at the right time and they always manage to find a way to fix whatever's broken or bring light into your day. They also know your favorite ice cream flavor, because that is EXTREMELY important. These are the signs from God and these are the people who you will always hold close because they are extremely rare and irreplaceable.

The same goes for great moments in our life. With the bad comes the good.

That is why with every funeral we have little babies being born somewhere else, with every divorce going on, there's a wedding going on, and every time the sun is setting somewhere, in another place it is just starting to rise.