Reality Of Flying Time

Reality Of Flying Time

Not quite ready to grow up just yet

3
Reality Of Flying Time

Here's a reality check, you will never be this exact age, at this exact spot, at this exact moment, with these exact people ever, ever again. This fact has been taunting me lately as these last few weeks of sophomore year are winding down. I have been aware that the senior class has to graduate to move on to bigger and better things than little ole Greencastle, but the truth of the matter is really starting to sink in now that it is approaching. The truth is, I am not ready for it. I'm not ready to have to say goodbye to my best friends for the summer or in some cases much longer than that. I'm not ready to not see half of my grade this next semester because of their internships or studying abroad. I am not ready for the seniors to start living adult lives, in big-kid apartments, paying for real-life things like rent and bills. I am not ready for them to only be on campus for the weekend or big games. The scary reality is that the time has come to do all of these things.

One of my dear friends shared this incredible quote on Facebook saying, "You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place, like you'll not only miss the people you love, but you'll also miss the person you are now at this time & place because you'll never be this way again." I think this quote sums up my point quite nicely. Yesterday during a house event, I looked around the room and realized how much love I have for the people in it. In that same moment as I watched the seniors reminisce on a slideshow of their DPU days, I realized a few things. This place will not be the same without them. I am going to miss them incredibly much. They are some of the most amazing girls I have ever known. I think I realized how much I love my class and friends because of them. And watching that video really nailed home the fact that time flies by while you're here.

There never seems to be enough time to say goodbye or part ways with someone. You always want another chance to have a meal together, or watch a movie together, or go on a drive together, or gossip about who knows what together. There is always a need for more time. It's scary how quick a school year comes and goes and after these past two years, I have never been more sure that I am not ready to grow up yet. My great-grandma just turned 90 last month and I got caught up thinking about how incredible that is. 90 whole years of life - plenty of happiness, heartache, laughter, and so much joy. And to her I am sure some days it seems like it's been forever, but others it probably seems like yesterday she was in my position.

All i know is time is flying past my eyes and I am sure my senior friends are thinking this a lot more passionately than I am right about now. But, to sum up my rant of random thoughts, I want to wish all of those graduating in stage of life the best of luck in their next chapter. Don't ever take a moment for granted, because as you've learned it'll fly by. #blessed.