From A Forever Floater Who Is Just Hoping To Land Somewhere, Be Content With Where You Are Now

You are so loved by so many and deserve to acknowledge that. Stop searching for friendships because you already have them.

51

To the girl who feels like she doesn't fit in anywhere:

I totally feel you. I know that sometimes you feel like you are alone in this, but I can promise you that you are not. It is actually pretty natural for people to feel like they don't really fully belong. We are all just such different humans with varying interests, personalities, and goals and values in life. Of course, diversity is such a wonderful thing, but I get you. Sometimes you feel like you don't fully click with any one individual, and it does get really discouraging sometimes. I know that sometimes you feel like a forever floater, and are just hoping that one day, you can find a place where you can land and belong to.

I want to let you know that there are some upsides to being a floater, even if you can't always see it. You have such a wonderful way of empathizing with people, and that is such a rare talent to have. The reason why you have so many varying friend groups is probably just because you understand and respect so many different individuals' interests and perspectives on life. Speaking of that, always remember that you are so blessed because you do get a glimpse of peoples' different outlooks on life, and are privileged to be able to identify more than one side of a situation.

On the other hand, you kind of camouflage into any friend group, and sometimes it does cause a little bit of an identity crisis. Being able to adapt into any situation does have its benefits, but at the same time, all the friend groups that you are a part of are such polar opposites that you really wonder who you truly are. Which side of you is the real you? If you don't even know who you are, then who does? It is a wonderful feeling to feel loved by a lot of people, but at the end of the day, sometimes you may wonder what it is like to just be involved with a limited pool of people who truly understand you deep to your core. That level of intimacy is something that has always appealed to you, and I know how hard you have tried to search for it, and are still searching for it.

Keep your head up. You are so loved by so many and deserve to acknowledge that. Stop searching for friendships because you already have them. There will always be upsides and negatives to being a floater, but just remember one thing. You are so so special and are still growing and learning more about yourself every day. Maybe you are still floating kind of like a balloon, and have not found your place, but just think of all the destinations you have been able to experience just by being you. Maybe one day you will be the missing puzzle piece that someone has been searching for, but for now, be content with who you are and where you are in life.

Love,

Your fellow floater