Being the Mom Friend

Being the Mom Friend

Not a burden but an honor

17
Being the Mom Friend

In light of Mothers Day I wanted to reflect on being the person who your friends openly call mom. The ones that not only take care of their friends when they partied a little too hard but the friends that also just are always are worrying about their friends and somehow always have exactly what you need, a granola bar or insane advice. I am this friend and I also have friends who are like this. I enjoy being called mom by my friends because I know they know I care about them! Plus this is never said as something rude it is always to make fun or just joking around. I have no need to become a mother soon and this is purely out of fun and just the fact that I do over prepare and worry about my friends like a mother may do.

I come prepared to every event, I have let go a little of this to try and not be completely a mother but I still have bandaids, usually a snack, hand sanitizer, and tissues. I make sure that my friends have what they need as well as reminding them of little things every once in a while. When it comes time for going places or big events like Relay For Life I have to stay up the night before packing so I know I have everything that someone may possibly need. I am a chapstick-aholic so that is always number one, then it would be tissues since I am often sneezing. I am such a mom friend right now I currently have a coupon to get 5 Capri-sun boxes for $2.00 off. I have worked my way up from a 2 Capri-sun coupon to 5! And I use them since I may take a box with me somewhere with friends or I just drink them but pushing that grocery cart around the store with 4 Capri-sun boxes really makes you feel like a mom.

When friends come to me for advice or telling me their problems I am always there to listen and to try to help them. I never try to show them that my problems are bigger therefore they should be helping me, I help them like a mom helps her children. I always try to help my friends in anyway, whether it is lending money for a little, or clothes, or just picking them up some food! I am there 100%!

I think it is important to be there for your friends as a mom sometimes, to make sure they make it home safe, they are fed, and they are happy. You do not have to order their food for them (you can...I have), and you do not have to be there to pick them up every night if you want to have fun but you should be there for them when they need it most! Take off from being the mom friend but hold that title with honor it is not cause you are lame and boring it is because you are dependable and caring! Being the mom friend is something I love being and honestly would put it on my resume if I could!

Mom friend for life!